Analyzing Body Fat among University Students
- 1School of Physical Education, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 4, Issue (7), Pages 4-6, September,23 (2016)
Epidemiological survey revealed half of the death in the world is due to cardiovascular diseases and obesity (the excess accumulation of fat) is the leading cause of many cardiovascular diseases. The present work focus on studying the health of college going youth students.100 students of 18-28 year of age were purposively selected from Lovely Professional University Punjab India during the year 2014. Data was collected using OMRON Body composition monitor with scale Model HBF-362 and statistical interpretation of the data was done using descriptive and t-ratio at 0.05 level of significance. The result discovered that majority of the population were having normal fat percentage but other professional students were having higher amount of body fat. In total 4% of the students were obese and 32% were having higher amount of body fat.
- Kamlesh M. L. (2013)., UGC-NET Digest on paper II and III Physical Education., 2nd Edition, New Delhi: Khel Sahitya Kendra, ISBN: 978-81-7524-677-5.
- Singh Ajmer et. al. (2008)., Essential of Physical Education., New Delhi: Kalayani Publishing, ISBN: 978-81-272-4803-1.
- Atlantis E. et al. (2008)., Lifestyle factors associated with age-related differences in body Composition: the Florey Adelaide Male Aging Study., The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 88(1), 95-104, http.acjn. nutrition.org/content/88/1/95 full.pdf
- AlešGaba, Pelclova J., Přidalova M., Riegerova J., Dostalova I. and Engelov L. (2009)., The evaluation of body composition in relation to physical activity in 56–73 year old women: a pilot study., Acta Univ. Palacki. Olomuc.,Gymn.39,(3). www.researchgate.net/body_ composition...relation... /3deec51a1d254a5f2b.pdf.
- Bulló M. et al. (2011)., Association between a healthy lifestyle and general obesity and abdominal obesity in an elderly population at high cardiovascular risk., Preventive Medicine, 53(3), 155-161, Dec., 13, 2013, http.www.unav. edu/…/files/file/…/Prev_Med_2011_Bullo_M.pdf.
- Devaux M., Sassi F., Church J., Cecchini M. and Borgonovi F. (2011)., Exploring the Relationship Between Education and Obesity., OECD Journal Economic Studies, 2011(1), 1-40, ww.OECD.org/eco/growth/Relationship&obesity.pdf.