Relationship of Emotional Intelligence and will to Win among Medalist and Non Medalist Athletes
- 1Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 4, Issue (6), Pages 1-3, August,23 (2016)
The purpose of the study was to find the relationship between emotional intelligence and will to win among medalist and non medalist athletes. The data was taken from the state and national level medalist players of team game and individual game respectively i.e. Tennis Ball cricket players, kho-kho player and handball players. The results revealed out that there was no relationship between emotional intelligence and will to win among medalist and non medalist athletes.
- Singh A. (2014)., Locus of control and will to win between inter college between basketball and volleyball players., Research jounal of physical education and sciences, 13-16.
- Kauss D.R. (1980)., Peak Performance: Mental Game Plans for Maximizing Your Athletic Potential., Englewood Cliffs, NJ:Prentice Hall.
- Bal Baljinder Singh and K.S. et. al. (2011)., Emotional intelligence and sporting performance: A comparision between open and closed slill athletes., Journal of Physical Education and Sports Management, 2(5), 48-52.
- Sovey P. and Mayer J.D. (1990)., Emotional Intelligence., Imagination, Cognition and Personality, 9, 185-211.
- Goleman D. et. al. (1999)., The Human Task of a Project Leader., PM Network Journal, 13, 38- 41.
- Zizzi J.S., Deaner H. and Hirschhorn D. (2003)., The Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Performance among College Baseball Players., Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 15, 262-269.
- Hyde A., Pethe S. and Dhar U. (2001)., Publication Manual for Emotional Intelligence Scale., National Psychological Corporation, 4/230. Kacheri Ghat, Agra, India.
- Kumar A. and Shukla P.S. (1998)., Psychological Consistencies within the Personality of High and Low Achieving Hockey Players., Paper Presented in the International Congress of Psychology, Montreal, Canada.