Benificial Effect of Flexibility Exercise and Physical Activity on Cognitive Function of Older Adults: An Overview
- 1Exercise & Sport Physiology Laboratory, Department of Physical Education, Vinaya Bavana, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, WB, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 4, Issue (3), Pages 18-20, March,23 (2016)
Now a days neuro psychological disorder of older adults is common problem in the world and also it is increasing medical costs. Most of the aged person facing various mental diseases. World wise over 20% aged people facing neurological disorder. cognitive function seems to benefit from a healthy lifestyle, most importantly from regular physical activity. The aim of this project was to review the scientific literature o flexibility exercise and physical activity and its effect on cognitive function of older adults. According to methodological quality in the basis of criteria reviewer evaluated the studies. The five criteria are (i) Age 50 to 90 years (ii) Flexibility exercise/ stretching Exercise (iii) subject men and women (iv) Physical Exercise (v) Cognitive function. Executive function can improve by the flexibility Exercise, stretching exercise and various physical activities of older adults when mental function started decline.
- Kaycee M. Sink, Mark A. Espeland, Cynthia M. Castro, Timothy Church, Ron Cohen, John A. Dodson, Jack Guralnik, Hugh C. Hendrie, Janine Jennings, Jeffery Katula, Oscar L. Lopez, Mary M. McDermott, Marco Pahor, Kieran F. Reid, Julia Rushing, Joe Verghese, Stephen Rapp and Jeff D. Williamson (2015)., For the LIFE Study Investigators., Effect of a 24-Month Physical Activity Intervention vs Health Education on Cognitive Outcomes in Sedentary Older Adults The LIFE Randomized Trial. Jama. 25, 314(8), 781-90.
- Zuniga KE, Mackenzie MJ, Kramer A and McAuley E. (2015)., Subjective memory impairment and well-being in community-dwelling older adults., Psychogeriatrics.
- Alves CR, Tessaro VH, Teixeira LA, Murakava K, Roschel H, Gualano B and Takito MY (2014)., Influence of acute high-intensity aerobic interval exercise bout on selective attention and short-term memory tasks., Percept Mot Skills. 118(1), 63-72.
- Nouchi. R., Yasuyuki Taki, Hikaru Takeuchi, Hiroshi Hashizume, Takayuki Nozawa, Atsushi Sekiguchi, Haruka Nouchi and Ryuta Kawashima (2014)., Beneficial effects of short-term combination exercise training on diverse cognitive functions in healthy older people, study protocol for a randomized controlled trial., 36(2), 787-99