A Study on the Attitude of Principals of Dibrugarh University Affiliated Colleges towards Physical Education
- 1Centre for Studies in Physical Education and Sports, Dibrugarh University, Assam- 786004, India
- 2Centre for Studies in Physical Education and Sports, Dibrugarh University, Assam- 786004, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 4, Issue (2), Pages 6-7, February,23 (2016)
The purpose of the study was to investigate the attitude of Principals of Dibrugarh University affiliated colleges towards Physical Education. For the purpose 50 Principals of Dibrugarh University affiliated Colleges were selected as subjects. The data pertaining to the present study were collected by using the Adams scale of measuring the attitude towards Physical Education. To analyze the data the percentage of responses all the statements was calculated and it was observed that, 75% positive responses, 18.75% negative responses and 6.25% doubtful responses towards physical education of Principals were found. On the basis of findings it was concluded that the Principals of Dibrugarh University affiliated Colleges has positive attitude towards Physical Education.
- Sing A. and Jogdish B. (2003), Essential of Physical Education, Kalyani Publication, 13-14.
- Gupta R. (2012), UGC NET Physical Education, Ramesh publication, 8
- Howard Z. Zeng and Mical Hipscher et. al. (2011), Attitudes of high school students toward physical education and their sport activity preferences, Journal of Social Science, Science Publication, ISSN 1549-3652,7(4) 529-537.
- Mao’s, Selected Works, VI, , http://www.marxists.org (2011).
- Charlotte Kelso (2015), High-Quality Health and Physical Education Programs help Students Succeed in Life, https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/mao/selected -works/.
- Kamlesh M.L. (1997), Foundation of Physical Education, Metropolitan Book co.pvt ltd., 1-2.
- Kenneth D. (2011), The Importance of Physical Education in Today, Dissertation Submitted to College Ashland University, In Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for The Degree Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership.
- WANG Weizhong (2015), The Role of College Physical Education Plays in Construction of a Harmonious Society, M & D Forum, http://www.seiofbluemountain.com/.