A Comparative Study of Running Agility, Jumping Ability and Throwing Ability among Cricket Players
- 1Department of Physical Education, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, INDIA
- 2*Department of Physical Education, Ramgarhia College, Phagwara, Punjab, INDIA
- 3Department of Physical Education, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, INDIA
- 4Department of Physical Education, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, INDIA
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 2, Issue (10), Pages 44-50, October,23 (2014)
Thus the aim of this study was to determine the role of running agility, jumping ability and throwing ability among cricket players. To obtain data, the investigators had selected For the purpose of present study, One Hundred Seventy Seven (N=177), Male District, State and National Level Cricket Players between the age group of 21-25 years (Mean ± SD: age 22.89±1.76 years, height 176.04±4.18 cm, body mass 73.76±4.63 kg) were selected. The subjects were purposively assigned into three groups: Group-A: District Level Cricket Players (n1=80); Group-B: State Level Cricket Players (n2=65); Group-C: National Level Cricket Players (n3=32). The Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) version 14.0 was used for all analyses. In all the analyses, the 5% critical level (p<0.05) was considered to indicate statistical significance. The differences in the mean of each group for selected variable were tested for the significance of difference by One-way Analysis of Variance (ANOVA). For further analysis Post-Hoc Test (Scheffe’s Test) was applied. It is concluded from the above findings that significant differences were found among district, state and national level cricket players on the sub-variables; running agility, jumping ability and throwing ability.
- James R.M., Allen W., Jackson J.G., Disch D.P. and Mood, Measurement and Evaluation in Human Performance, Fourth edit., Human Kinetics ChampaignU.S.A, 301-305 (2011)
- Gabbet T., and Georgieff B., Physiological and Anthropometric Characteristics of Austrian Junior National, State and Novice Volleyball Players, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 21(3), 902-08 (2007)
- Lidor R. and Ziv G., Physical and Physiological Attributeof Female Volleyball Players, A Review, Journal ofStrength and Conditioning Research, 24(7), 1963-73(2010)
- Khuman R.P., Kamlesh T. and Surbala L., Comparison ofstatic and dynamic balance among collegiate cricket, soccer and volleyball male players, International journal ofhealth and allied sciences, 3(1), 9-13 (2014)
- Theoharopoulos A., Garefis A., Galazoulas C.H. and Tsitskaris G., A Comparative Study for Flexibility and Jumping Ability between Young Basketball and Soccer Players, Unpublished Doctorate Degree Thesis, AristotleUniversity of Thessaloniki (2009)
- Singh P., Comparison of selected physical fitnesscomponents of rural and urban school girls. Journal ofinternational academic research for multidisciplinary,2(2), 570-577 (2014)7.
- Thakur K. and Kumar A., A comparative study on selected physical fitness components among state level footballers and volley ballers, International Journal of PhysicalEducation, Health and Social Science, 2(2), 1-4 (2013)
- Ghuman S.B. and Singh J., A Comparison of Gross MotorProficiency in District and State Level Volleyball Players.Global scientific conference on physical education, Healthand Sports sciences, 2, 214-217 (2013)