A miR302 mRNA Up-regulation Associated with Soft Tissue Sarcoma Grade
- 1Faculty of Medicine, University of Jambi, Letjen Soeprapto St. no. 33. Telanaipura, Jambi, Indonesia
- 2Faculty of Medicine, University of Padjadjaran, Eykcman St. no.38. Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
- 3Faculty of Medicine, University of Padjadjaran, Eykcman St. no.38. Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
- 4Faculty of Medicine, University of Padjadjaran, Eykcman St. no.38. Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Int. Res. J. Medical Sci., Volume 4, Issue (9), Pages 5-10, September,28 (2016)
There is still a difficulty of how to diagnose and to treat the soft tissue sarcomas because its comprise of highly heterogeneous of group tumors in terms of primary site, histopathology, histological grade, and molecular signature. Histopathologic grading in adult soft tissue sarcomas is the most significant tools to predict tumor progression and metastatic risk. Tumor grading can be considered as a morphologic translation of molecular events that determine tumor aggressiveness. Therefore, molecular parameters could eventually complement or even replace histologic parameters. microRNAs (miRNAs) are small, endogenous RNAs of about 22 nucleotides that play important roles in regulation of cell proliferation, differentiation, and maintenance of “stemness”. miRNAs are negatively regulating gene expression, mainly by translational repression and play a particularly prominent role in development. In this study, we investigated profile of miR302b gene expression at level of RNA from Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded of low grade, intermediate grade and high grade soft tissue sarcoma using quantitative Real Time PCR (qRT-PCR). We identified 23 samples of STS cases in Jambi city, from 2007 till 2013 consist of 6 cases low grade, 9 cases intermediate grade and 8 cases high grade. miR302b gene expression was normalized to internal control by using GAPDH gene expression, and we expression using the 2-ΔΔCt method. Statistical tests were performed on groups identified to find nalyzed the relative gene iscriminating each target gene expression. There were no significant difference averages of ΔCt miR302b expression at low-, intermediate- and high- grade STS (p=0.041/ANNOVA) and also no significant with negative correlation between miR302b expression with a difference grading of STS (p>0.05, Spearman).The status of mRNA miR302bof low grade soft tissue tumor was relatively decreased expression by more than 3 fold, and relatively increased in intermediate grade and the status of high grade soft tissue sarcoma is increasing by one fold than GAPDH gene expression. It means that there is a relative change in mRNA genes expression of miR302b which is higher the histological grade more expressed the gene expression. We concluded that there was a miR302 mRNA up-regulation associated with tumor grade even no significantly but its relationship suggests that the higher grade the more expressed the miR302 gene expression.
- Weiss S.W., Goldblum J.R. and Folpe A.L. (2007)., Enzinger and Weiss, Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Coindre J.M. (2006)., Grading of Soft Tissue Sarcomas: Review and Update., Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, 130(10), 1448-53.
- Fletcher CDM, Unni.K.K. and Mertens F. (2002)., Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Soft Tissue and Bone., Organization WH, Pathology IAo.
- Li H.L., Wei J.F., Fan L.Y., Wang S.H., Zhu L. and Li T.P. et al. (2016)., miR-302 regulates pluripotency, teratoma formation and differentiation in stem cells via an AKT1/OCT4-dependent manner., Cell Death & Disease.; 7(1), e2078.
- Esquela-Kerscher A. and Slack F.J. (2006)., Oncomirs - microRNAs with a role in cancer., Nat. Rev. Cancer., 6(4), 259-69.
- Garzon R., Calin G.A. and Croce C.M. (2009)., MicroRNAs in Cancer., Annu Rev Med., 60, 167-79.
- Lin S.L., Chang D.C., Lin C.H., Ying S.Y., Leu D. and Wu DTS (2011)., Regulation of somatic cell reprogramming through inducible mir-302 expression., Nucleic Acids Research, 39(3), 1054-65.
- Kumar M.G., Patel N.M., Nicholson A.M., Kalen A.L., Sarsour E.H. and Goswami P.C. (2012)., Reactive oxygen species mediate microRNA-302 regulation of AT-rich interacting domain 4a and C-C motif ligand 5 expression during transitions between quiescence and proliferation., Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 53(4), 974-82.
- Gao Z., Zhu X. and Dou Y. (2015)., The miR-302/367 cluster: A comprehensive update on its evolution and functions., Open Biology, 5(12).
- Lin S.L., Chang D.C., Chang-Lin S., Lin C.H., Wu D.T. and Chen D.T. et al. (2008)., Mir-302 reprograms human skin cancer cells into a pluripotent ES-cell-like state., RNA., 14(10), 2115-24.
- Greer Card D.A., Hebbar P.B., Li L, Trotter K.W., Komatsu Y. and Mishina Y. et. al. (2008)., Oct4/Sox2-Regulated miR-302 Targets Cyclin D1 in Human Embryonic Stem Cells., Molecular and Cellular Biology. 28(20), 6426-38.
- Lin S.L., Chang D.C., Ying S.Y., Leu D. and Wu D.T.S. (2010)., MicroRNA miR-302 Inhibits the Tumorigenecity of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells by Coordinate Suppression of the CDK2 and CDK4/6 Cell Cycle Pathways., Cancer Research. 70(22), 9473-82.
- Wang L., Yao J., Zhang X., Guo B., Le X. and Cubberly M. et. al. (2014)., miRNA-302b Suppresses Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma by Targeting AKT2., American Association for Cancer Research. 12(2), 190-202.
- Nurhalim Shahib M., Zoraya B. and Feranty A. (2015)., Studies on Gene Expression at the RNA level Associated with the Senile Lens Change in Human Lens Cataract., Donnish Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. 2(3).
- Francis P., Namløs H.M., Müller C., Edén P., Fernebro J. and Berner J.M. et. al. (2007)., Diagnostic and prognostic gene expression signatures in 177 soft tissue sarcomas: hypoxia-induced transcription profile signifies metastatic potential., BMC Genomics., 8(1), 1-16.
- Nielsen T.O. and West R.B. (2010)., Translating Gene Expression into Clinical Care: Sarcomas as a Paradigm., Journal of Clinical Oncology, 28(10),1796-805.
- Zhang M., Yang Q., Zhang L., Zhou S., Ye W. and Yao Q., et. al. (2014)., miR-302b is a potential molecular marker of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and functions as a tumor suppressor by targeting ErbB4., J Exp Clin Cancer Res., 33(10), 1756-9966.
- Lipchina I., Elkabetz Y., Hafner M., Sheridan R., Mihailovic A. and Tuschl T. et al. (2011)., Genome-wide identification of microRNA targets in human ES cells reveals a role for miR-302 in modulating BMP response., Genes & Development, 25(20), 2173-2186.
- J. Livak Kenneth and Schmittgen Thomas D. (2001)., Analysis of Relative Gene Expression Data Using RealTime Quantitative PCR and the 22−ΔΔCT Method., Methods, 25(4), 402-408.