A Study to Assess the Knowledge and Attitude Regarding importance Birth Spacing Methods among Primi Postnatal Mothers in Postnatal Ward at Rajiv Gandhi Government Women and Children Hospital Puducherry, India
- 1Mother Theresa Post Graduate and Research Institute of Health Sciences (A government of Puducherry Institution), Indira Nagar, Gorimedu, Puducherry-605006
- 2Mother Theresa Post Graduate and Research Institute of Health Sciences (A government of Puducherry Institution), Indira Nagar, Gorimedu, Puducherry-605006
Int. Res. J. Medical Sci., Volume 4, Issue (9), Pages 1-4, September,28 (2016)
A descriptive study was done to assess the knowledge and attitude regarding birth spacing method among primi postnatal mothers in Rajiv Gandhi women and children hospital, pudhucherry. The main objectives of the study are to assess the knowledge level and attitude regarding birth spacing among primi postnatal mothers. The research approach for this study was quantitative approach with non-experimental descriptive research design. 30 primi postnatal mother were recruited for the study. Convenient sampling techniques was used, structured questionnaire, consist of 30 questions regarding birth spacing was used the data was analysed by descriptive statistics. the findings shows that most of the mothers (43%) had inadequate knowledge, (40%) had adequate knowledge, and (17%) had moderate knowledge, (77%) had moderate attitude regarding birth spacing methods, (16.3%) had adequate attitude, (6.7%) had inadequate attitude. (p< 0.05) that there is direct association between educational status of the mothers and level of knowledge and attitude. The knowledge level among birth spacing that most of all primi mothers had in adequate level of knowledge and should promote awareness regarding birth spacing among primi post natal mothers.
- Park k. (2000)., Preventive and social medicine., Jalpalpur Bhanot publisher, India, 320-309.
- Dehne K.L. (2003)., Knowledge of, attitudes towards, and practices relating to Child -spacing methods in northern Burkina Faso., Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition., 21(1), 55-66.
- Dutta D.C. (2004)., Text book of obstetrics and gynaecology., new central book agency (P)Ltd, Kolkatta, 532.
- Indian Online Page (2010)., India, Available from http://www.indiaonlinepages.com /population/india-population.html.
- Wikipedia (2016)., Demographics of India., Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Demographics_of_ India.