Analysis of an N-policy M/M/1 queueing system with server start up, unreliable server and balking
- 1Department of Mathematics, Hindusthan Institute of technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Res. J. Mathematical & Statistical Sci., Volume 6, Issue (2), Pages 1-9, February,12 (2018)
This paper is concerned with the optimal control of a non reliable and removable server in an N-policy M/M/1 queueing system with server start up and balking. When the queue length reaches N (N&
- Haight F.A. (1957)., Queuing with balking., Biometrika, 44, 360-369.
- Haight F.A. (1959)., Queueing with Reneging., Metrika, 2, 186-197.
- Ancker Jr. C.J. and Gafarian A.V. (1963)., Some Queuing Problems with Balking and Reneging. I., Operations Research, 11(1), 88-100.
- Ancker Jr. C.J. and Gafarian A.V. (1963)., Some Queuing Problems with Balking and Reneging. II., Operations Research, 11(6), 928-937,
- Barer D.Y. (1957)., Queueing with Impatient Customers and Ordered Service., Operations Research, 5(5), 650- 656.
- Abou El-Ata M.O. and Hariri A.M.A. (1992)., The M/M/C/N queue with balking and reneging., Computers and Operations Research, 19(8), 713-716.
- Wang K.H. and Chang Y.C. (2002)., Cost analysis of a finite M/M/R queueing system with balking, reneging and server breakdowns., Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, 56(2), 169-180.
- Choudhury A. and Medhi P. (2011)., Balking and reneging in multiserver Markovian qeueing systems., International Journal of Mathematics in Operational Research, 3(4), 377-394.
- Manoharan M. and Jose K.M. (2011)., Markovian Queueing system with random balking., Opsearch, 48 (3), 236-246.
- Yadin M. and Naor P. (1963)., Queueing systems with a removable service station., Journal of the Operational Research Society, 14(4), 393-405.
- Wang K.H. (1995)., Optimal operation of a Markovian queueing system with removable and non reliable server., Microelectronics Reliability, 35(8), 1131-1136.
- Wang K.H. (1997)., Optimal control of an M/Ek/1 queueing system with removable service station subject to breakdowns., Journal of the Operational Research Society, 48(9), 936-942.
- Wang K.H., Chang K.W. and Sivazlian B.D. (1999)., Optimal control of a removable and non-reliable server in an infinite and a finite M/H2/1 queueing system., Applied Mathematical Modelling, 23(8), 651-666.
- Jayachitra P. and Albert A.J. (2014)., Recent developments in queueing models under N-policy: A short survey., Int. J. Math. Arch., 5(3), 227-233.
- Jayachitra P. and James Albert A. (2014)., Optimal control of an N-policy M/Ek/1 Queueing System with Server Start up and Breakdowns., Far East journal of Mathematical Sciences, 94(1), 13-32.
- Jayachitra P. and Albert James A. (2014)., Optimal Management policy for Heterogeneous Arrival M/Ek/1 Queueing System with server Breakdowns and Multiple vacations., Advances in theoretical and Applied Mathematics, 9(1), 87-95.
- Jayachitra P. and Albert James A. (2015)., Performance Analysis of an N-policy M/Ek/1 Queueing system with Server startup, Unreliable server and Balking., International Journal of Mathematical Archieve -IJMA, 6(4), 159-169.
- Gross D. and Harris C.M. (1985)., Fundamentals of Queueing Theory., 2nd Edition. Wiley, New York.