Thalassemia risk prediction model using fuzzy inference systems: an application of fuzzy logic
- 1Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology, Raipur (CG) - 492010, India
- 2Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology, Raipur (CG) - 492010, India
Res. J. Mathematical & Statistical Sci., Volume 5, Issue (7), Pages 1-8, July,12 (2017)
Thalassemia Disease is a one of the most common genetic disease. The objective of this paper is to predict the stages of Thalassemia using Fuzzy Inference System. In this study, we have used the Mamdani type Fuzzy Inference System tool in MATLAB 8.4. Using the above tool, we have designed a mathematical model of Thalassemia disease and demonstrate that under certain fuzzy rules on the consider inputs shows the Thalassemia stage presence in an individual. Through the observed stages of Thalassemia, we have predicted the severity involve in this disease. The model is going to play a unique role in the prediction of the category of Thalassemia and helpful for medical fields.
- Grow K., Vashist M., Abrol P., Sharma S. and Yadav R. (2014)., Beta Thalassemia in India: Current Status and the Challenges Ahead., International journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science, 6(4), 28-33.
- Diagnosis (2017)., Thalassemia Symptoms., http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/t/ thalassemia/symptoms.htm
- Thakur S. and Sharma R. (2013)., Prevention Measures for Thalassemia in Chhattisgarh, India: with the help of mathematical models., American Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, 2(2), 193-200.
- Aversa F., Gronda E., Pizzuti S. and Aragno C.(2002)., A fuzzy logic approach to decision support in medicine., Proceedings of the Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, 1-5.
- Allahverdi Novruz (2014)., Design of Fuzzy Expert Systems and Its Applications in Some Medical Areas., International Journal of Applied Mathematics, Electronics and Computers, 2(1), 1-8.
- Tamalika C. and Tridib C. (2008)., Intuitionistic fuzzy sets: Application to medical image segmentation. Studies in Computational Intelligence., Springer, 85, 51-68.
- Schuh C. (2005)., Fuzzy sets and their application in medicine., Proceedings of the North American Fuzzy Information Society, 86-91.
- Yamada K. (2004)., Diagnosis under compound effects and multiple causes by means of the conditional causal possibility approach., Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 145, 183-212.
- Rout Shradhanjali (2012)., Fuzzy Petry Net Application: Heart Disease Diagnosis., Fuzzy Systems, 4(4), 124-131.
- Lavanya K., Durai M.A. and Sriman Narayan lyengar N. Ch. (2011)., Fuzzy Rule Based Inference System for Detection and Diagnosis of Lung Cancer., International journal of Latest Trends in computing, 2(1), 165-171.
- Adeli A. and Neshat Mehdi (2010)., A Fuzzy Expert System for Heart Disease Diagnosis., Proceedings of the International Multi Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists, 1, 136-139.
- Soni J., Ansari U., Soni S. and Sharma D. (2011)., Intelligent and Effective Heart Disease Prediction System using Weighted Associative classifiers., International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, 3(6), 2385-2392.
- Neshat M., Yaghobi M., Naghibi M.B. and Esmaelzadeh A. (2008)., Fuzzy Expert System Design for Diagnosis of liver Disorders., IEEE Proceeding International Symposium on Knowledge Acquisition and Modeling, 252-256.
- Kadhim M., Alam M. and Kaur H. (2011)., Design and Implementation of Fuzzy Expert System for Back pain Diagnosis., International Journal of Innovative Technology & Creative Engineering, 1(9), 16-22.
- Zimmermann H.J. (1996)., Fuzzy Set Theory And its Applications., Third Edtion; Kluwer Academi Publishers.
- Zadeh L.A. (1965)., Information and Control., Fuzzy Sets, 8(3), 338-353.
- Takagi T. and Sugeno M. (1985)., Fuzzy identification of systems and its applications to modeling and control., IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics, 15(1), 116-132.
- Dadios Elmer P., Biliran Jazper Jan C., Garcia Ron-Ron G., Johnson D. and Valencia Adranne Rachel B. (2012)., Humanoid Robot: Design and Fuzzy Logic Control Technique for Its Intelligent Behaviors., Fuzzy Logic – Controls, Concepts, Theories and Applications, InTech, 1-20.