Characteristic and Moment Generating Functions of Three Parameter Weibull Distribution-an Independent Approach
- 1Centre for Marine Technology and Engineering (CENTEC), The University of Lisbon, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisboa, PORTUGAL
Res. J. Mathematical & Statistical Sci., Volume 1, Issue (8), Pages 25-27, September,12 (2013)
The characteristic function of three-parameter Weibull distribution is also derived independently and the moment generating function (MGF) is deduced from it. It generates all the moments of the distribution and satisfies the tests to verify a function to be a characteristic function. Expressions for mean, variance, skewness and kurtosis are also obtained from MGF.
- Muraleedharan G., Rao, A.D., Kurup P.G., Unnikrishnan Nair N. and Mourani S., Modified Weibull Distribution forMaximum and Significant Wave Height Simulation and Prediction, Coast. Engng., 54(8), 630-638 (2007)
- Muraleedharan G., Unnikrishnan Nair N. and Kurup P.G., Application of Weibull model Redefined Significant Wave HeightDistributions, Proc. Ind. Aca. Sci., Ear. Planet. Sci., 108 (3), 149-153 (1999)
- Kendall G.M. and Stuart A., The Advanced Theory of Statistics; Distribution Theory, 1, London: Charles Griffin and Co.Ltd., London (1964)
- Ochi M., Ocean Waves, Ocean Technology Series-6; Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK (1998)