Identifying the strength properties of cotton polyester blended woven fabrics of different fiber content
- 1Department of Fabric Engineering, Bangladesh University of Textiles, Tejgoan, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh
- 2Department of Textile Engineering, Southeast University of Bangladesh, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh
- 3Department of Textile Engineering, National Institute of Textile Engineering and Research, Kohinoor gate, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 4Department of Textile Engineering, Dhaka University of Engineering and Technology, Shimultoly Rd, Gazipur 1707, Bangladesh
- 5Department of Wet Processing Engineering, Bangladesh University of Textiles, Tejgoan, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh
Res. J. Material Sci., Volume 7, Issue (2), Pages 1-6, May,16 (2019)
Strength has direct consequences with the polyester content percentage of the cotton polyester blended woven fabrics. The findings of this research proved that strength is increased if the polyester content percentage is increased in the cotton polyester blended woven fabrics and vice versa. Three types of cotton polyester blended woven fabrics of different composition and constructions were used in this research and for doing the required tear and tensile tests. Finished fabrics were collected from the fabric mill for conducting the required strength tests in accordance with ASTM D2261 standard (tear) and ASTM D76 standard (tensile). This research proved that strength depends on the polyester content percentage of cotton polyester blended woven fabrics and it opened a potential way for the scholars to further study in this field.
- Abdel-Halim E.S., Abdel-Mohdy F.A., Al-Deyab S.S. and El-Newehy M.H. (2010)., Chitosan and monochlorotriazinyl-β-cyclodextrin finishes improve antistatic properties of cotton/polyester blend and polyester fabrics., Carbohydrate Polymers, 82(1), 202-208.
- Chen S., Zhang S., Galluzzi M., Li F., Zhang X., Yang X., Liu X., Cai X., Zhu X., Du B. and Li J. (2019)., Insight into multifunctional polyester fabrics finished by one-step eco-friendly strategy., Chemical Engineering Journal, 358, 634-642.
- Hou W., Ling C., Shi S., Yan Z., Zhang M., Zhang B. and Dai J. (2018)., Separation and Characterization of Waste Cotton/polyester Blend Fabric with Hydrothermal Method., Fibers and Polymers, 19(4), 742-750.
- Carosio F., Di Pierro A., Alongi J., Fina A. and Saracco G. (2018)., Controlling the melt dripping of polyester fabrics by tuning the ionic strength of polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane and sodium montmorillonite coatings assembled through Layer by Layer., Journal of colloid and interface science, 510, 142-151.
- Atakan R., Bical A., Celebi E., Ozcan G., Soydan N. and Sarac A.S. (2018)., Development of a flame retardant chemical for finishing of cotton, polyester, and CO/PET blends., Journal of Industrial Textiles, 1528083718772303.
- Liu Y., Zhou S., Liu W., Yang X. and Luo J. (2018)., Least-squares support vector machine and successive projection algorithm for quantitative analysis of cotton-polyester textile by near infrared spectroscopy., Journal of Near Infrared Spectroscopy, 26(1), 34-43.
- Islam S., Alam S.M.M. and Akter S. (2018)., Identifying a suitable heat setting temperature to optimize the elastic performances of cotton spandex woven fabric., Research Journal of Textile and Apparel, 22(3), 260-270.
- Islam S. (2018)., Attaining Optimum Strength of Cotton-Spandex Woven Fabric by Apposite Heat-Setting Temperature., Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series C, 1-6.
- Islam S., Alam S.M.M. and Akter S. (2018)., The Consequences of temperature on the shrinkage properties of cotton spandex woven fabrics., Journal of Textiles and Polymers, 7(1), 2-7.
- Zhang W., Ji X., Wang C. and Yin Y. (2018)., One-bath one-step low-temperature dyeing of polyester/cotton blended fabric with cationic dyes via β-cyclodextrin modification., Textile Research Journal, 0040517518779249.
- Nourbakhsh S., Montazer M. and Khandaghabadi Z. (2018)., Zinc oxide nano particles coating on polyester fabric functionalized through alkali treatment., Journal of Industrial Textiles, 47(6), 1006-1023.
- Novák I., Valentin M., Špitalský Z., Popelka A., Sestak J. and Krupa I. (2018)., Superhydrophobic Polyester/Cotton Fabrics Modified by Barrier Discharge Plasma and Organosilanes., Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, 57(5), 440-448.
- Catallo F. and Teresa Catallo (2019)., Apparatus and method for pre-shrinking a wet fabric prior to drying., U.S. Patent Application 16/121,680.
- Soares G., Magalhaes A., Vasconcelos A., Pinto E. and Santos J. (2018)., Comfort and antimicrobial properties of developed bamboo, polyester and cotton knitted spacer fabrics., CELLULOSE CHEMISTRY AND TECHNOLOGY, 52(1-2), 113-121.
- Liu J., Li Y., Arumugam S., Tudor J. and Beeby S. (2018)., Screen Printed Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells (DSSCs) on Woven Polyester Cotton Fabric for Wearable Energy Harvesting Applications., Materials Today: Proceedings, 5(5), 13753-13758.
- Jiang Z., Wang C., Fang S., Ji P., Wang H. and Ji C. (2018)., Durable flame‐retardant and antidroplet finishing of polyester fabrics with flexible polysiloxane and phytic acid through layer‐by‐layer assembly and sol-gel process., Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 135(27), 46414.
- Carrera-Gallissà E., Capdevila X. and Escusa M. (2018)., Assessing friction in silk-like finished polyester fabrics., The Journal of The Textile Institute, 109(1), 113-120.
- Jhanji Y., Gupta D. and Kothari V.K. (2018)., Thermal and mass transport properties of polyester-cotton plated fabrics in relation to back layer fibre profiles and face layer yarn types., The Journal of The Textile Institute, 109(5), 669-676.
- Sadaf S., Saeed M. and Kalsoom S. (2017)., Application of Eco-friendly Antimicrobial Finish Buteamonosperma Leaves on Fabric Properties of Polyester and Cotton/Polyester., Pakistan Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research Series A: Physical Sciences, 60(3), 154-161.
- ASTM D2261 Standard (2013)., Standard Test Methods for Strength Properties of Fabrics Woven from Stretch Yarns., ASTM International, West Conshohocken, 1, 19-25. Www.astm.org.
- ASTM D76 standard (2014)., Standard Test Methods for Strength Properties of Fabrics Woven from Stretch Yarns, ASTM International., West Conshohocken, 5, 99-103. Www.astm.org.
- The Tear Testing Equipment (2018)., Instron 5900 Tear Testing Machine., Instron India Private Limited, Greams Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The Tensile Testing Equipment (2018)., TESTEX Tensile Testing Machine TF001., 3, Daliantang Industrial Dt, Wan Jiang, Dongguan, 523000, P.R. China.