Influence of substrate properties on titanium dental implant coating adhesion
- 1Marien NGOUABI University, Science and Technology Faculty, P.O. Box 69 Brazzaville, Congo and Research Group of Physical Chemical and Mineralogical Properties of Materials, P.O Box 69 Brazzaville, Congo and University Hospital of Brazzaville, B.P. 32 Brazzaville, Congo
- 2Health Sciences Faculty, Marien NGOUABI University, P.O Box 69 Brazzaville, Congo and University Hospital of Brazzaville, B.P. 32 Brazzaville, Congo
- 3Marien NGOUABI University, Science and Technology Faculty, P.O. Box 69 Brazzaville, Congo
- 4Marien NGOUABI University, Science and Technology Faculty, P.O. Box 69 Brazzaville, Congo and Research Group of Physical Chemical and Mineralogical Properties of Materials, P.O Box 69 Brazzaville, Congo and Geological and Mining Research Center, P.O. Box 14520 Brazzaville, Congo
Res. J. Material Sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 11-13, January,16 (2019)
In order to study the reactivity of titanium implant in the saliva environment in the presence of food, thin coating films of titanium were prepared. The dental implant was made using tantalum, molybdenum and copper substrate coated with titanium thin coating. The titanium coating films was deposited using radiofrequency magnetron sputtering reactive method. The adhesion characterization was made although the scratch test and observed using microscope. In the case of tantalum substrate, the periodic patterns appear inside the failure as a circle form.
- Timothée Nsongo (1995)., Adhesion characterization of titanium and titanium nitride thin coatings on metals using the scratch test., International journal of adhesion and adhesives, 15(3), 191-196.
- Nsongo Timothée (1987)., Study of the structure and adhesion of titanium nitride thin films prepared by reactive sputtering., Doctoral thesis, Aix Marseille University France.
- Oh See Ghee (1984)., Le vide, Les couches minces, 220.,
- Hintermann H.E. (1981)., Tribological and Protective Coatings by Chemical Vapor Deposition., Thin Solid Film, 84(3), 215-243.
- Lewis B. and Anderson J.C. (1978)., Nucleation and Growth of Thin films., Academic Press, New York.
- Heavens O.S. (1950)., Some factors influencing the adhesion of films produced by vacuum evaporation., Journal de physique et le radium, 11(7), 355-360.
- Benjamin P. and Weaver C. (1960)., Measurement of adhesion of thin films., Proceedings of Royal Society, series A., 254, 163-176.
- Goodman L.E. (1962)., Contact stress analysis of normally loaded Rough Spheres., Journal of Applied Mechanics, 29(3), 515-522.
- Butler D.W., Stoddart C.T.H. and Stuart P.R. (1970)., The stylus or scratch method for thin film adhesion measurement: some observations and comments., Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 3(6), 877-883.
- Timothée Nsongo, Hilaire Elenga, Bernard Mabiala, David Bilembi and Ferland Ngoro Elenga (2016)., Adhesion of Clay Based Paint Coatings on Wood and Glass Substrates., International Journal of Research in Environmental Science (IJRES), 2(6).
- Laugier M.T. (1984)., An energy approach to the adhesion of coatings using the scratch test., Thin Solid Films, 117(4), 243-249.