Structural and Optical Properties of Cerium Ferrite
- 1PG and Research Center, Dept. of Physics, Abasaheb Garware College, Pune 411 004, India
- 2PG and Research Center, Dept. of Physics, Abasaheb Garware College, Pune 411 004, India
- 3PG and Research Center, Dept. of Physics, Abasaheb Garware College, Pune 411 004, India
- 4PG and Research Center, Dept. of Physics, Abasaheb Garware College, Pune 411 004, India
- 5Dept. of Physics, Abasaheb Garware College, Pune 411 004, India
Res. J. Material Sci., Volume 4, Issue (3), Pages 10-14, April,16 (2016)
CeFe2O4 ferrite powders were synthesized by sol-gel method at low temperatures. The prepared samples were characterized by X-ray diffraction, UV and FTIR, structural and optical properties of the synthesized samples were studied, from FTIR bonding and peak it confirm the material is ferrites. The lattice constants and average particle size were studied by X-ray diffraction. The synthesized powders were sintered at 700 oC and 800 oC it shows the remarkable changes in structural and optical properties of the materials. The average particle size is 28.1412 nm it is well defined Nano crystalline powder with small grain size were achieved in this study. The grain size, interplane distance, hkl planes are obtained by XRD. The optical properties with increasing the sintering temperature band gap energy increases it is in the range of semiconductor materials.
- Bobade D.H., S.M. Rathod and Mahesh Kumar L. Mane. (2012)., Solgel auto-combustion synthesis, structural and enhanced magnetic properties of Ni 2+ substiyuted nanocrystalline MgZn spinel ferrite., Physica B condensed Matter, 407(18), 3700-3704.
- Erum Pervaiz I.H. Cul, (2013)., Low temperature synthesis and enhanced electrical properties by substitution of Al 3+ and Cr 3+ in Co-Ni nanoferrites., Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 343, 194-194-202.
- H. Gul, F. Amin, A.Z. Abbasi, M. Anis-ur-Rehmanb and A. Maqsood (2007)., Physical and magnetic characterization of Co-precipited nanosize Co-Ni ferrite., Scripta Materialia 56(6), 497-500.
- K. Raj, R. Moskowitz and R. Casciari (1995)., Advances in ferrofluide technology., Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 149(1-2), 174-180.
- A. Meenakshisundaram, N. Gunasekaran, V. Srinivasan, (1982)., Distribution of Metal ions in trnsition metals magnites AMn2O4, (A: Co, Ni, Cu or Zn)., Physica Status Solidi (a), 69(1), K15-K19.
- V. Pallai and D.O. Shah (1996)., Synthesis of high coersivity Cobalt ferrite particles using water- in – oil micro emulsions., Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 163(1-2), 243-248.
- K. Maaz W. Khalid A. Mumtaz and S.K. Hasanain (2009)., Magnetic Characterization of Co 1-x Ni x Fe2 O4 nanoparticles prepared by co-preticipitation route., Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, 41(4), 593-599.
- M. Mozaffari, J. Amighian and E. Darsheshdar (2014)., Magnetic and structural studies of Nickel – substituted cobalt ferrite nanoparticles, synthesized by sol-gel method., Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic materials, 350, 19-22.
- J. Jiang (2007)., A facile method to Ni0.8 Co0.2 Fe2 O4 nanocrystalline via a refluxing route in ethylene glycol., Materials Letters, 61(14-15), 3239-3242.
- V.V. Awati, S.M. Rathod, Sagar E. Shirsath and Mahesh Kumar L. Mane (2013)., Fabrication of Cu2+ Substituted nanocrystalline Ni-Zn ferrite by solution combustion route: Investigations, cation occupancy and magnetic behavior., Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 553, 157-162.