Fisheries surveillance strategy in Tegal Municipality, Central Java, Indonesia
- 1Master\'s Degree in Coastal Resource Management, University of Diponegoro, Indonesia
- 2Aquatic Resources Department, Faculty of Fishery and Marine Sciences, University of Diponegoro; Jalan Prof. Soedarto, Building J 3rd floor, Semarang, Indonesia
- 3Aquatic Resources Department, Faculty of Fishery and Marine Sciences, University of Diponegoro; Jalan Prof. Soedarto, Building J 3rd floor, Semarang, Indonesia
Res. J. Marine Sci., Volume 7, Issue (2), Pages 20-25, December,13 (2019)
Fishing, activities conducted by fishermen in Tegal, should always be followed by surveillance on fisheries and marine resources. The purpose of this study is to develop fisheries surveillance strategy in Tegal Municipality. The data used are primary and secondary data from various sources of information related to research. The analytical method used is SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) and QSPM (Quantitative Strategic Planning Matrix). The findings showed that fisheries surveillance strategy to be implemented in Tegal Municipality are; i. to increase intensity of the sea patrol, ii. to improve quality service of letter of feasibility for fishing vessel operations, hereinafter referred to as SLO, and; iii. to increase programs aiming to spread the most current regulations on fisheries surveillance. The rank of the surveillance strategies formulated based on QSPM approach is; i. to increase frequency of programs of which purpose are to spread the most current regulations on fisheries surveillance with total score attractiveness of 6.91; ii. to increase intensity of the sea patrol with total score attractiveness of 6.89, and; iii. to improve quality of service with total score attractiveness of 6.38. Increase in frequency of programs that spread information on the current fisheries regulation is expected to develop the fishermen′s awareness about the regulation and their obedience towards the regulation. SLO aims to supervise and get rid of illegal fishing equipment that can damage the environment. Object of the sea patrol is to prevent illegal fishing.
- Subagyo P. Joko (2013)., Indonesian Sea Law., PT. Rineka Cipta, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1-167. ISBN 978-97-95185-35-2
- Directorate General of Marine and Fisheries Resources Surveillance (2018)., Book of the Annual Report of the Directorate General of Surveillance of Marine and Fisheries Resources., Jakarta.
- Mahmudah, Nunung (2015)., Illegal fishing: Corporate Criminal Liability in Indonesian Territorial Waters., Sinar Grafika, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1-190. ISBN 978-979-007-637-2
- Statistics of Tegal Municipality (2018)., Tegal Municipality in Figures 2018., ISSN / ISBN : 0215-6024. https://tegalkota.bps.go.id/publication/2018/08/16/818654a03225e14269799108/kota-tegal-dalam-angka-2018.html
- Waters Police of Central Java (2018)., Report of Patrol Activities in Tegal Waters 2018.,
- Directorate General of Marine and Fisheries Resources Surveillance. 2018. Report of indications of fishing vessel violations based on VMS 2018., undefined, undefined
- Monintja, R., Aji S., Sondita, F.A. and Ari P. (2006). Perspective of Arafura Marine Capture Fisheries Management. CV. Sinar Jaya, Bogor, Indonesia, pp 1-226, ISBN : 979-99614-8-3, undefined, undefined
- Usman, H. dan Akbar P.S. (2009). Social Research Methodology. PT. Bumi Aksara, Jakarta, Indonesia. Pp 1-184, ISBN 978-97-90104-28-0, undefined, undefined
- Rangkuti, Freddy. (2013). SWOT Analysis Technique for Dissecting Business Cases. PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama,Jakarta, Indonesia, Pp 1- 192. ISBN : 978-60-20306-52-0, undefined, undefined
- Pratiwi Ayu, Wahyudi S., Roni Z. and Amran R. (2017)., Formulating Strategy Through QSPM Based on SWOT Framework: A Case Study Spin-Off Company in Malaysia., Advanced Science Letters, 23(9), 8646-8651. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1166/asl.2017.9945
- Taslimi M.S. and Omeyr A.K. (2014)., Formulating a Strategy Through Quantitative Strategic Planning Matrix (QSPM) Based on SWOT Framework (Case Study: Industrial Group of Barez Tires)., International Journal of Economy, Management and Social Sciences, 3(8), 451-457. http://waprogramming.com/download.php?download=53bd4f034d5b38.54394448.pdf
- Yusuf Risna and Rizky Muhartono (2017)., Development Strategy for Capture Fisheries in North Kayong Regency., Journal of Maritime and Fisheries Socio-Economic Policy, 7(2), 103-114. ISSN: 2089-6980. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.15578/jksekp.v7i2.6459
- Suci Puji Rahayu (2015)., The Essence of Strategy Management., Zifatama Publisher, Malang, Indonesia, 1-170. ISBN : 978-6002-1662-99-1
- Suwali Syaiful Anwar and Agus Setiadi (2017)., Development Strategy of Coffee (coffea s.p) Agroindustry on Gapoktan Gunung Kelir in Jambu District Semarang Regency., Agromedia, 35(2), 83-92. ISSN: 0215-8302. http://jurnalkampus.stipfarming.ac.id/index.php/am/article/view/208.
- Assauri Sofjan (2013)., Marketing Management., Rajawali Pers, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1-450. 979-421-115-x.
- Report (2017)., Regulation of Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries No. 1/2017 regarding Letter of Feasibility for Fishing Vessel Operations.,
- Krisnafi Y., Iskandar B.H., Wisudo S.H. and Haluan J. (2017)., Optimization of Fisheries Surveillance Vessel Deployment in Indonesia Using Genetic Algorithm (Case study: Fisheries Management Area 711, Republic of Indonesia)., AACL Bioflux, 10(3), 565-577. ISSN 1844-9166 (online).http://www.bioflux.com.ro/home/volume-10-3-2017/
- Nikijuluw Viktor PH. (2008)., Blue Water Crime, The Socio Ecomonics Dimensions of Illegal Fisheries., Cidesindo. Jakarta, Indonesia, 1-196. ISBN 978-97-96381-03-6