Study of water quality parameters and calculation of water quality index for intensive merguensis shrimp method (penaeus merguiensis de Man)
- 1Master\'s Degree in Coastal Resource Management, Diponegoro University, Semarang, Indonesia
- 2ResourceAquatic Divisi, Fisheries and Marine Sciences, Diponegoro University, Semarang, Indonesia
- 3Oceanography Divisi, Fisheries and Marine Sciences, Diponegoro University, Semarang, Indonesia and Center for Coastal Disaster Migration and Rehabilitation Studies, Diponegoro University, Semarang, Indonesia
Res. J. Marine Sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 22-28, June,13 (2019)
The purpose of this research to know of total organic ingredients, Phosphate, N-Nitrogen (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate), Microbiology and Plankton Density refer to the requirements for maintenance water quality based on Govermen Regulation of Marine Fisheries No. 75 / KP / 2016 and Indonesian National Standard (SNI) 01-6925-2002. Analysis using the Water Quality Index (WQI) method. The Period of the Research on August 2 to 30 November 2018 at 120 days maintenance in block H where consisting of four pond plots, each ± 4500m2. The results of the analysis of water parameters during maintenance that meet the standards are phosfat0.16-0.33 ppm, nitrite 0.09-0.17ppm, nitrate 0.10-0.42ppm, total vibrio in the H4 plot is 6.39x102CFU/ml and total bacteria 4.06x105-8.39x105 CFU/ml. The results of measurement parameters that did not meet the standards included organic ingredients 139.50-173.41ppm, ammonia 0.03-0.08ppm and total vibrios in plots H1, H3 and H4 1.5x103-6.2x103CFU/ml. WQI which was modified for the enlargement of Merguensis (Penaeus merguiensis de Man) shrimp was applied to evaluate water quality during maintenance. The results of the analysis of water quality for 120 maintenance according to the WQI method showed the value of the category of lightly contaminated plots H1 (1.12), H2 (1.51), H3 (1.92) and H4 (0.96).
- Ma Z., Song X., Wan R. and Gao L. (2015)., Water Enviroment Pollution of Heavy Metals Pb,Cd and Hg in Jepara Kartini Beach Central Java,Indonesia., Research Journal of Marine Sciences, 4(1), 1-4. www.isca.isca.in. ISSN 2321-1296.
- Ma Z., Song X., Wan R. and Gao L. (2013)., A Modified Water Quality Index for Intensive Shrimp Ponds of Litopenaeus Vaname., Ecological Indicators, 24, 287-293. media.neliti.com.
- Gayatri K., Sayee Hema, Femina Banu, Kowsalya Kokila, Nandhini Arun Hari, Thirumalaisamy and kumar S. Senthil (2016)., Banana Shrimp (Fenneropenaeus Merguiensis) Culture in India., International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology, 5(6), 4508-4511. mcehassan.ac.in. ISSN 2278-3687.
- Effendi H. (2003)., Review of Water Quality for Management of Aquatic Resources and Environment., Kanisius Publication.Yogjakarta-Indonesia, 1-249.
- Altansukh O. and Davaa G. (2011)., Application of Index Analysis to Evaluate The Water Quality of The Tuul River in Mongolia., Journal of Water Resources and Protection., 3(6), 398-414. www.jrisetgeotam.com.
- Government Regulation K.P. (2016)., Republic of Indonesia Republic of Indonesia Regulation No. 75 /Government Regulation Marine Fisheries/2016. General Guidelines for Enlarging Wind Shrimp (Penaeus Monodon) and Vaname Shrimp (Litopenaeus Vaname)., Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries: 1-43.
- BSNI (Indonesian National Standardization Agency) (2002)., SNI 01.6925-2002 about Shrimp Enlargement Merguensis (Penaeus Merguensis De Man) Production in Recirculation System Ponds., Jakarta. 1-8.
- Boyd C., Lim C., Queiroz J. and Salie K. (2005)., Best Management Practices for Responsible Aquaculture., Aquaculture Collaborative Research Support Program (ACESP). Retrieved from anzdoc.com. Accessed August 20, 2018.
- Sookying D., Silva F.S.D., Davis D.A. and Hanson T.R. (2011)., Effects of Stocking Density onthe Performance of Pacific White Shrimp (Litopenaeus Vannamei) Cultured Under Pond and Outdoor Tank Conditions Using A High Soybean Meal Diet., Aquaculture, 319, 232-239. www.repositoriobib.ufc.br.
- Castillo-Soriano F.A., Ibarra-Junquera V., Olivos-Ortiz A., Barragan-Vasquez F.J. and Meyer-Willerer A.O. (2010)., Influence of water supply chemistry on white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) culture in low-salinity and zero water exchange ponds., Pan Am. J. Aquatic. Sci, 5(3), 376-386.
- Pujihastuti Y.P. (2011)., Nitrification and denitrification in pond., Indonesian Aquaculture Journal, 10(1), 89-98. jurnal-iktiologi.org.
- Devaraja T., Banerjee S., Yusoff F., Shariff M. and Khatoon H. (2013)., A Holistic Approach for Selection of Bacillus sp. As a Bioremediator for Shrimp Postlarvae Culture., Turkish Journal of Biology, 37, 92-100. journal.ipb.ac.id
- Kenjibriel I.M. (2015)., Study Water quality of the Buaran river in Jakarta., Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Faculty of Agricultural Technology. IPB. 1-47. http://repository.ipb.ac.id/handle/123456789/79681. Retrieved 28 January 2019. m.scirp.org.
- Ferreira N.C., Bonetti C. and Seiffert W.Q. (2011)., Hydrological and Water Quality Indices as Management Tools In Marine Shrimp Culture., Aquaculture, 318, 425-433. link.springer.com.
- Prawitwilaikul O., Limsuwan C., Taparhudee W. and Chuchird N. (2006)., A comparison of Rearing Pacific White Shrimp (Liptopenaeus vannamei Boone, 1931) in Earthen Ponds and in Ponds Lined with Polyethylene., Kasetsart Journal - Natural Science, 40(1), 167-171. anzdoc.com.
- Sales Committee (2018)., Central for Brackish Water Aquaculture., Jepara. Indonesia. (Not published).