Food, feeding biology and hypothesis on occurrence of empty stomach of the Plicofollis tenuispinis (Day, 1877) landed along the Veraval centre of the Saurashtra coast of the India
- 1ICAR-SRF Scholar, ISCA-Young Scientist, Fisheries Field Officer, Mahabubabad, Fisheries Department of Telangana State, India
Res. J. Marine Sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 14-21, June,13 (2019)
This study investigation on the food and feeding biology of the Thinspine sea catfish catch landed along the Veraval marine fish landing centre of the Saurashtra coast, along the Maritime of Gujarat, India were carried out during year from March 2016 to February 2017. Reveled with new proposed reasonable hypothesis on Occurrence of Empty stomach and occurrence of various food items indicated that this sp. Highly carnivorous feeding habit in exploited Thin spine sea catfish stock.
- Armbruster J.W. (2011)., Global Catfish Biodiversity., American Fisheries Society Symposium, 77, 15-37.
- Bhukya Bhaskar (2018)., Age and Growth Studies of The Thinspine Marine Catfish (Day, 1877) Landed Along The Veraval Centre of The Saurashtra Coast, India., Res. J. Marine Sci., 6(1), 1-5.
- Raje S.G. (2003)., Some aspects of the biology of Tachysurus tenuispinis (Day, 1877) from Veraval., Journal of the Indian Fisheries Association., 30, 97-103.
- Raje S.G., Dineshbabu A.P. and Das T. (2008)., Biology and stock assessment of Tachysurus jella (Day) from Mumbai waters., Indian Journal of Fisheries, 55(4), 295-299.
- Maikandarajan T., Ramamoorthy K., Srilatha G., Sankar G. and Kathirvel K. (2014)., Stomach content analysis of Catfish, Arius maculates (Thunberg, 1792) Parangipettai Coast, South East Coast of India., Asian Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4(38), 50-56.
- Sastry L.V.M. (1982)., Some aspects of biology of Tachysurus thalassinus and T. tenuispinis (Day, 1887) off Visakhapatnam., M. Phil. Dissertation submitted to the Andhra University, Wattair (Unpublished). India.
- Natarajan A.V. and Jhingran A.G. (1961)., Index of preponderance-a method of grading the food elements in the stomach analysis of fishes., Indian Journal of Fisheries, 8(1), 1-6.
- El-Sayed S.E., Kora M.A., Sallam H.M., Claeson K.M., Seiffert E.R. and Antar M.S. (2017)., A new genus and species of marine catfishes (Siluriformes; Ariidae) from the upper Eocene Birket Qarun Formation, Wadi El-Hitan, Egypt., PloS one, 12(3), e0172409.
- Parida P.K., Khuntia B.K., Pati B.K., Sahu B. and Udgata S.K. (2015)., Food and feeding habits of marine catfish, Osteogeneiosus militaris (Linn., 1758) off Mumbai waters., Asian Journal of Animal Science, 10(2), 153-158.
- Mojumder P. and Dan S.S. (1979)., Studies on food and feeding habits of catfish Tachysurus tenuispinis (Day)., Indian Journal of Fisheries, 26(1&2), 115-124.
- Mojumder P. (1969)., Food of the cat-fish, Tachysurus thalassinus (Ruppell)., Indian Journal of Fisheries, 16(1&2), 161-169.
- Srinivasa Rao K. and Lakshmi K. (1988)., A case study of the disappearance of Arius tenuispinis in the vicinity of Visakhapatnam due to mechanized fishing., Journal of the Indian Fisheries Association, 18, 219-238.
- Trajano E. (1997)., Food and reproduction of Trichomycterus itacarambiensis, cave catfish from south‐eastern Brazil., Journal of Fish Biology, 51(1), 53-63.
- Reis E.G. (1986)., Reproduction and feeding habits of the marine catfish, Netumabarba (Siluriformes, Ariidae), in the estuary of the Patos Lagoon (Brazil)., Atlantica, 8, 35-55.
- CMFRI K. (1987)., Marine catfish resources of India; Exploitation and prospects., CMFRI Bulletin, 40, 1-40.
- Sastry L.V.M. (1982)., Some aspects of biology of Tachysurus thalassinus (Ruppel!) and T. tenuispinis (Day) off Visakhapatnam., M.Phil. Dissertation submitted to the Andhra University, Wattair (Unpub.Ushed)