Impact of digitization on language teaching and learning
- 1SPPU, Maharashtra, India
Res. J. Language and Literature Humanities, Volume 4, Issue (5), Pages 5-11, May,19 (2017)
The impact of digitization on two main entities of education, the teachers and the students and the change digital technology has brought in their learning environment needs investigation.. The study focuses mainly on the ways in which teachers and students make use of digital gadgets and the effect of such technology on classroom learning. A survey undertaken to examine the current scenario indicated positive attitude and welcoming approach of teachers towards digital classrooms and increase in students’ interest in learning in such environment. Moreover, the study conducted showed maximum positive effect of on teachers’ role of providing feedback on students’ errors, and for students, the benefit is seen on their skill of reading. Evidence is also found of challenges that digital environment puts forth like the teachers’ inability to monitor each student using a tablet or computer in a populous classroom and lack of spontaneous reply while providing online feedback when students need guidance. It is concluded that to improve the coordination between teachers and students and for smoother functioning of digital classrooms, better understanding and awareness of digital environment amongst students is needed. Further, more communication channels and direct interaction between teachers and students can help achieve optimum benefits.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad (2017)., Digital india - The vision and the mission., Union Cabinet Minister for Communications and Information Technology. https://blog.mygov.in/editorial/digital-india-the-vision-and-the-mission/.
- Sareen Karan (2004)., Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Multimedia., IVY Publishing House, India, 133. ISBN: 81-7890-085-8.
- Gauri Kohli (2015)., How e-learning is evolving to meet the Digital India challenge., Hindustan Times. Retrieved from (2015, October 07). http://www.hindustantimes.com/education/ how-e-learning-is-evolving-to-meet-the-digital-india-challenge/story.html
- Shantanu Prakash (2012)., Empowering young India with digital education., Indian Express, Retrieved from http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/empowering-young-india-with-digital-education/977969/3
- Digital classroom (2015)., HLWIKI Canada., Retrieved 11:58, November 30, 2016 from http://hlwiki.slais.ubc.ca/index.php?title=Digital_classroom&oldid=142462.
- David Weinberger (2007)., Mob Rule in Impact of Digitization-a generation apart., 16, Retrieved from http://www.kpmg.com/us/en/issuesandinsights/articlespublications/documents/impact-of-digitization.pdf
- Ellis R. (2007)., A typology of written corrective feedback types., ELT Journal, 63(2), 97-107.
- Roby W.B. (2004)., Technology in the service of foreign language teaching: The case of the language laboratory., Handbook of Research on Educational Communications and Technology, 523-541, 2nd ed.\"http://www.aect.org/edtech/19.pdf (PDF). Retrieved 2016-11-27.
- Sharma P. (2007)., Blended Learning and ELT: Face to Face and Technology., Modern English Teacher, 16(3), 15.