A study of Khadi and village industry in Northeastern region of India
- 1IADC-A, Bangalore, India
- 2IADC-A, Bangalore, India
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 9, Issue (1), Pages 20-23, January,14 (2020)
The word “Khadi” associated with the Indian Culture could be traced back to the times of India′s freedom struggle movement led by the father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi. The importance of Khadi and Village Industry is connected with rural industrialization leading to the welfare and economic development of rural population and regional balanced development of economy. Since the times of independence, amongst the entire regions of India, Northeast part is lagging behind in the development process, although it has a great potential in terms of their abundant valuable natural resources but the major problem is underutilization of those resources. So, Khadi and Village Industry could be the solution by proper utilization and channelization of the available resources. The prime objective of this study is to analysis and understands the physical performances of Khadi and Village Industry with respect to production, employment, sales and funds of Northeastern states. To study and analysis the set objectives data is collected from secondary sources for ten years from 2006 -2016. In this study KVI of each state of northeastern region of India has taken together for their productions, employments, sales and fund analysis.
- Murthy T. Krishna (2018)., Khadi and Village Industries - The Only Solution., https://www.mkgandhi.org/articles/khadivillageindustries.htm, June 2018
- Report (2018)., Evaluation Report on Khadi and Village Industries Programme., http://planningcommission.nic.in/reports/peoreport/peoevalu/peokhdi.htm, June 2018
- Jain Nitin and Ikhar Mahendra (2017)., A study on the impact of physical performance of Khadi and Village industries on Economic development of Chattisgarh State., Indian jisci.Res., 14(2), 472-481.
- Jain N.G.K. and Goel N. (2015)., The revival of Khadi–An analysis of the state of Khadi in India with supply and demand side problems., Innovative Journal of Business and Management, 4(5), 100-103. http://www.innovativejournal.in/ijbm/index.php/ijbm
- Maisnam Chinglen (2015)., MSMEs sector in Northeast India., 569-577.http://www.internationalconference.in/XVI_AIC/TS5B-PDF/7.M._Bobo_Singh.pdf
- Gupta Mayank (2017)., Role of Khadi and Village industries commission in development of Khadi and Village industries in India- case study of Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)., KAAV.
- Report (2001)., Programme Evaluation Organisation Planning Commission Government of India., New Delhi-110001, March 2001, KVIC-fin. http://planningcommission.nic.in/reports/peoreport/peoevalu/kvic_fin.pdf, June 2018
- MSME Annual Report 2009-2010 India., https://msme.gov.in/sites/default/files/MSME_AR_ENG_2009_10_0.pdf,June 2018, undefined, undefined
- MSME Annual Report 2011-2012, India., https://msme.gov.in/sites/default/files/MSME-Annual-Report-2010-11-English_0.pdf, June 2018, undefined, undefined
- MSME Annual Report 2015-2016, India, https://msme.gov.in/sites/default/files/MEME%20ANNUAL%20REPORT%202015-16%20ENG.pdf, June 2018, undefined, undefined