The Effects of the Economic Crisis in the Implementation of Inclusive Education in Contemporary Greek Schools
- 1Frederick University, Cyprus
- 2Frederick University, Cyprus
- 3Frederick University, Cyprus
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 5, Issue (9), Pages 24-28, September,14 (2016)
In times of crisis and socio political turbulence it has been observed that the sector of education accepts important neglect. Modern societies focus more on economic profit and they invest in this, without seriously taking into consideration the humanitarian and real social needs. Due to rapid social changes, it has become more important than ever to promote access to education in Greece, which in fact, has already been delayed. Individuals with special educational needs as much as those individuals of a different cultural background have the need of education and social balance, as mentioned in the human rights atlas. Having reviewed the bibliography we have come to the conclusion that no sufficient research has been conducted in Greece on the effects of the economic crisis concerning access and inclusion into education, giving rise to this particular study.
- Emke-Poylopoulou Hra (1986)., The child and the teenager in a changing world: Psychosocial challenges for development., Inclusion, In Pavlopoulos and Motti, Estia, Αthens, 97-98. ISBN-9789600516265
- Vlachou Anastasia, Didaskalou Eleni and PapanaouIoanna (2012)., Disability and social policy. A critical approach of special and inclusive education., Pedio, Athens, 202-207. ISBN-9789609552103.
- Zoniou - Sideri A. (2012)., Inclusive Education and social justice in modern era., 2010 Conf. proceedings: The crisis and the role of pedagogy: Institutions, Values, Society. Cyprus, University of Cyprus, 1-4 Mar, 19-32.
- Ftiaka Eleni (2012)., Special and Inclusive Education in Cyprus., Taxideutis, Athens, 11-22, ISBN-9789608365841.
- Afouxenidis Alexandros and Sarris Nikos Tsakiri Olga (2012)., Inclusion of Immigrants: attitudes, policies, practices., National Centre for Social Research, Athens, 69-73, ISBN-9789606834134.
- Proto Thema (2014)., Students faint at schools., Retrieved by: http://www.protothema.gr/greece/ article/ 417195/ irakleio-mathites-lipothumoun-sta-sholeia-apo-tin-peina/ [02-01-2016]
- Argyriadis Alexandros and Nikolidakis Simeon (2015)., Education in Crisis., Teaching Greek in modern inclusive schools, Diavlos, Athens, 10-19, ISBN-9789605313326.
- TED (2008)., Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?., YouTube, https://www.ted.com/talks/ken_ robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity?language=el[13-08-2014].
- Thanasis Gkavos (2014)., Children with mental disabilities locked in \\\"cages\\\" in Greece., BBC, London, Πηγή: http://www.skai.gr/news/greece/article /269471/bbc-paidia-me-noitiki-anapiria-kleidomena-se-klouvia-stin-ellada/ ix zz4KE6vf3x0.
- Zoniou – Sideri Athina (2011)., The disabled and their education., Greek Letters, Athens, 71-79. ISBN-9789609552509.
- Zoniou – Sideri Athina (2000)., Inclusion: Utopia or Reality?., Greek Letters, Athens, 4-9, ISBN-9603934364.
- Vlachou-Balafouti Anastasia and Zoniou-SideriAthina (2000)., Students with disabilities and their inclusion., Greek Letters, Athens, 52-55, ISBN-9603933600.
- Panteliadou S. and Patsiodimou A. (2000)., Views and incentives of teachers on their training in special education., Proceedings of VI Conference of Pedagogical Society in Cyprus, Contemporary Research in Education, University of Cyprus, Cyprus, 75-84.
- Tsakiridi Αnna (2010)., Special Education in Greece., Pedio, Athens, 62-66, ISBN-9603433620.
- Motti Froso (2013)., The child and the teenager in a changing world: Psychosocial challenges for development., Estia, Athens,12-19, ISBN-9789600516265.
- Chatzichristou C., Dimitropoulou P., Lykitsakou K. and Labropoulou A. (2009)., Promoting mental health in the school community., Psychology, 16 (3), 381-401.
- Chatzichristou Charilaos (2004)., Introduction to School Psychology., Greek Letters, Athens, 127-131, ISBN-9604067435.
- Argyriadis A. and Argyriadi A. (2014)., The study of medicalization in the in the discrimination process of the different Other., Culture Journal, (7), 15-28.
- European Commission (1997)., Numbers - Keys for education in the European Union. Luxemburg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities., http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/etudes/join /2013/474423/IPOL-LIBE_ET(2013)474423_EL.pdf [13-08-2014].
- Leeman Y. (2006)., Teaching in ethnically diverse schools : teachers, European Journal of Teacher Education, 29(3), 341- 356.
- Nikolaou George (2000)., Inclusion and the education of immigrant students in primary school., Greek Letters, Athens, 96-99, ISBN-9603934127.
- Christoforaki K. (2008)., The inclusion for students with special educational needs, in the educational process., Greek Ministry of Education, 2(1), 125-199.
- Burnett N. (2009)., Policy guidelines on inclusive education., UNESCO, [online] Retrieved by: http://www.unesco.org/en/inclusive-education/guidelines 04/25/2014.
- Tzouriadou Maria (2008)., The process of inclusion in education., Pedio, Athens, 52-55, ISBN-9607592026.