Role of the Teacher Community in Non Cooperation Movement of Uttar Kannada (UK) District in Karnatak State
- 1Department of History and Archaeology, Karnatak University, Dharawad, India
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 5, Issue (8), Pages 51-52, August,14 (2016)
Present paper explores the evidences of the cooperation movement by the teacher\'s community of the Uttar Kannada district of the Karnataka state. In Indian independence movement, Gandhian era (1920-1948) have prominent influence in to getting freedom from the British. The great entry of the Mr. Mohanadas Karamach and. Gandhi in freedom movement brought the constructive change in the movement as well as his presences create magic among the freedom fighters across the nation. Movements like Noncooperation, quit India, Salt March, civil disobedience, peasants and urban laborers’ movements have greater influence on deface the British administration in India also in creating moral pressure on British for independent India. Honorific Mahatma Gandhi was the greater motivating factor for the freedom movement. Present study conducted on the basis of the several reviews and mouth to mouth conversation, this study helps to know the influence, and contribution of the teachers community of the Uttar Kannada(UK) district teachers in Indian freedom movement.
- Gopalkrishna S (1987)., Political movements in south India., Madras, 1-5.
- Ramaswamy S R (1997)., Swatantrodayada Mailugallugalu., Rastrothan Publications Bangalore, 33-34.
- Nagendra Prasad S (1998)., Bharatada Swatantra Chaluvali 1857-1947., Chetan Book House Mysore, 11-12.
- Mohamad T K. (1986)., Uttar Kannada Darshana., Kannada Sahitya Parishad, Bangalore, 27-28.
- Kamat Suryanath (1980)., Swatantra sangrama dasmrutigallu., 3, Geeta Book House, Mysore, 22-23.
- Nagaratnamma S. (2009)., Karnataka dalli Asahakaramattu Nagarika Kanoonu Bhangha Chaluvali., Desi Pustak, Bangalore, 33-35.
- Kamat Suryanath (1985)., Karnataka State Gazetteer, Uttar Kannada district., Govt. of Karnataka, Bangalore, 9.