To study the important characteristics for the development of Navsari District of Gujarat State, India
- 1D.R. Patel and R.B. Patel Commerce College, Surat, Gujarat, India
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 5, Issue (12), Pages 32-36, December,14 (2016)
In this paper author discuss on the basic and important parameters for the development of Navsari district of Gujarat. The growth of the city from 1901 to 2011 were studied on different aspects. In Navsari, fast development in industrial sectors like food products, chemicals, metal products and rubber and plastic products manufacturing etc. in last two decades. Due to industrial growth, the rate of urban population is also increased in last two decades. In 2011, Total population of Navsari is 1,330,711 as per latest provisional figures released by Directorate of Census Operations in Gujarat, Out of which male and female were 678,423 and 652,288 respectively. This shows increase of 8.24 percent in 2011 compared to figures of 2001 census. In comparison with population data published by Census 1991 & 2001, the population of navsari district was increased by 13.24%. Average literacy rate of Navsari district raised up to 75.83% in 2001 to 84.78% in 2011.
- Deboosere P., Gadeyne S. and Van Oyen H. (2009)., “The 1991–2004 evolution in life expectancy by educational level in Belgium based on linked census and population register data”., , European Journal of Population, 25(2), 175-196.
- Klotz J. and Doblhammer G. (2008)., Trends in educational mortality differentials in Austria between 1981/82 and 2001/2002: A study based on a linkage of census data and death certificates., Demographic Research, 19(51), 1759-1780.
- Valkonen T. (2002)., Les inegalites sociales devant la mort., , In: Caselli, G., Vallin, J., and Wunsch, G. (eds.), Demographie: analyse et synthese, Paris: Editions de l’Ined, 3, 351-372.
- http://www.navsarinagarpalika.com/about.htm; accessed on dated 13.11.2010, 22:15pm, undefined, undefined
- Chandramouli C. and General R. (2011)., Census of India.,