Ram Manohar Lohia: Contested Claim and Vision
- 1 Department of Political Science, University of Delhi, New Delhi, INDIA
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 4, Issue (6), Pages 80-82, June,14 (2015)
Among leaders who have influenced the course of Indian Political history and way of thinking, Ram Manohar Lohia was indeed a unique figure. Born on 23rd March, 1910 in Akbarpur, Uttar Pradesh, he was one amongst of the great nationalist political leaders of the Indian independence movement. Seeking an indigenous free from euro-centric solution to Indian problems, Lohia’s vision and claim for his thoughts still remain contested and debated along the corridors of the Indian Philosophical and Political thoughts. In analysing Ram Manohar Lohia’s ideas, this piece of work deals with two of his most debated works ‘On Language’ and ‘The Two Segregation of Caste and Sex’, excavating their philosophical foundations and reconstruct his political doctrine.
- Yadav Yogendra, On Remembering Lohia, Economic and Political Weekly, XLV(40), 46-50 (2010)
- Tolpadi Rajaram, ‘Context, Discourse and Vision of Lohia’s Socialism’ Economic and Political Weekly, XLV(40), 71-77 (2010)
- Chatterjee Partha, Nationalist Thought and the Colonial World: A Derivative Discourse, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, (1986)
- Lohia Ram Manohar, Language September 1966), Rammanohar Lohia Samata Vidyalaya Nyasa, Hyderabad, Second Edition, (1986)
- Said Edward W, Orientalism, Vintage Books, New York, (1979)
- Dubey Satya Mitra, Dr Rammanohar Lohia: A Rebel Socialist and a Visionary, Mainstream, XLIX(13), 30, (2011)
- Lohia Ram Manohar, the two segregations of caste and sex 1953), Available at: http:// lohiatoday.com/ByLohia /Two_SegregationsOfCasteAndSex.pdf.
- Lohia Ram Manohar, The Caste System 1964, Rammanohar Lohia Samata Vidyalaya Nyasa, Hyderabad, Second Edition, (1979)
- Lohia Ram Manohar, The Two Segregations of Caste and Sex (2015) Available at: http://www.theotherside.org.in/index.php/issue/oct_2014/the_two_segregations_of_caste_and_sex