Green synthesis of silvernanoparticles and their bioactivity by using plant extract of Abutilon indicum L.
- 1Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, India
Res. J. of Pharmaceutical Sci., Volume 8, Issue (2), Pages 11-13, December,30 (2019)
The green synthesis of silvernanoparticles from plant extracts has proven to be a very effective as well as alternate pathways for the nanotechology. A number of techniques has been developed for synthesis i.e. chemical reduction. This study deal with synthesis of silver-nanoparticles from leaf extracts of plant. The extract was incubated with the solution of AgNO3 has showed gradual colour change of the extract from greenish to reddish brown, this visual change in colour indicates the silver nanoparticles formation. Synthesizing silver nanoparticles from Abutilon indicum L. plants is echo friendly, easy and cost effective. Silver nanoparticles have good antimicrobial efficiency against bacteria. That is why it is being widely used in medicinal application such as for the treatment of Cancer epilepsy and AIDS.
- Sondi I. and Salopek-Sondi B. (2004)., Silver nanoparticles as antimicrobial agent: a case study on E. coli as a model for Gram-negative bacteria., J. Colloid Interface Sci., 275, 177-182.
- Xi D., Luo X., Ning Q., Lu Q., Yao K. and Liu Z. (2007)., The detection of HBV DNA with gold nanoparticle gene probes., Journal of Nanjing Medical University, 21(4), 207-212.
- Bhumkar D.R., Joshi H.M., Sastry M., Pokharkar V.B. (2007)., Chitosan reduced gold nanoparticles as novel carriers for transmucosal delivery of insulin., Pharm. Res., 24, 1415-1426.
- Chatterjee A. and Pakrashi S.C. (1991)., The treatise on Indian medicinal plants., Publication & Information Directorate, New Delhi, 3, 104-105.
- Rahuman A.A., Gopalakrishnan G., Venkatesan P. and Geetha K. (2008)., Isolation and identification of mosquito larvicidal compound from Abutilon indicum (Linn.) Sweet., Parasitology research, 102(5), 981-988.
- Porchezhian E. and Ansari S.H. (2005)., Hepatoprotective activity of Abutilon indicum on experimental liver damage in rats., Phytomedicine, 12(1-2), 62-64.
- Parekh J. and Chanda S. (2007)., Antibacterial and phytochemical studies on twelve species of Indian medicinal plants., African Journal of Biomedical Research, 10, 175-181.
- Ahmed M., Amin S., Islam M., Takahashi M., Okuyama E. and Hossain C.F. (2000)., Analgesic principle from Abutilon indicum., Die pharmazie, 55(4), 314-316.
- Kohli K.R., Shilin G. and Kolhapure S.A. (2004)., Evaluation of the clinical efficacy and safety of Diabecon in NIDDM., The Antiseptic, 101(11), 487-494.
- Mitra S.K., Gopumadhavan S., Muralidhar T.S., Anturlikar S.D. and Sujatha M. B. (1996)., Effect of a herbomineral preparation D-400 in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats., Journal of ethnopharmacology, 54(1), 41-46.
- Kishan A.R., Ajitha M. and Rajanarayana K. (2000)., Antidiabetic, antihyperlipidemic and free radical scavenging activities of an Ayurvedic medicine., indian drugs-bombay-, 37(3), 130-132.
- Zargar M., Hamid A.A., Bakar F.A., Shamsudin M.N., Shameli K., Jahanshiri F. and Farahani F. (2011)., Green synthesis and antibacterial effect of silver nanoparticles using Vitex negundo L., Molecules, 16(8), 6667-6676.
- Ruparelia J.P., Chatterjee A.K., Duttagupta S.P. and Mukherji S. (2008)., Strain specificity in antimicrobial activity of silver and copper nanoparticles., Acta Biomater, 4 (3), 707-716.
- Sánchez‐Moreno C., Larrauri J.A. and Saura‐Calixto F. (1998)., A procedure to measure the antiradical efficiency of polyphenols., Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 76(2), 270-276.
- Mazhar-Ul-Islam I.A., Mazhar F., Usmanghani K. and Gill M.A. (2002)., Evaluation of antibacterial activity of Bergenia ciliata., Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 15(2), 21-27.
- Feng Q.L., Wu J., Chen G.O., Cui F.Z., Kim T.N. and Kim J.O. (2000)., A mechanistic study of the antibacterial effect of silver ions on Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus., J. Biomed. Mater. Res., 52(4), 662-668.
- Seetharam Y.N., Chalageri G. and Setty S.R. (2002)., Hypoglycemic activity of Abutilon indicum leaf extracts in rats., Fitoterapia, 73(2), 156-159.