Pharmacokinetic assessment of transdermal patch loaded with solid dispersions of tenoxicam
- 1IPT, SPMVV (Women′s University), Tirupati, AP, India
- 2IPT, SPMVV (Women′s University), Tirupati, AP, India
Res. J. of Pharmaceutical Sci., Volume 8, Issue (2), Pages 1-5, December,30 (2019)
Tenoxicam (TNX), synthetic NSAID indicated for the therapy of rheumatoid arthritis and to relief acute pain. It has poor solubility. Solubility of tenoxicam was enhanced by formulation of solid dispersions. To assess whether solubility is increased or not, the present research work is aimed to estimate the in-vivo plasma concentration of patch with solid dispersions of tenoxicam and patch loaded with pure tenoxicam using RP-HPLC method. Pharmacokinetic parameters like Cmax, t1/2, and AUC0-24 of patch made with solid dispersions of tenoxicam were found to be 2.131&
- Zahidah A.F., Faizah O., Aqilah K.N. and Anna K.T. (2012)., Curcumin as an anti-arthritic agent in collagen-induced arthritic Sprague-Dawley rats., Sains Malaysiana, 41(5), 591-595.
- Brand D.D., Latham K.A. and Rosloniec E.F. (2007)., Collagen-induced arthritis., Nature protocols, 2(5), 1269-1275.
- Nikghalb L.A., Singh G., Singh G. and Kahkeshan K.F. (2012)., Solid Dispersion: Methods and Polymers to increase the solubility of poorly soluble drugs., Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 2(10), 170-175.
- Madhulatha A. and Naga Ravikiran T. (2013)., Formulation and evaluation of ibuprofen transdermal patches., International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, 4(1), 351-362.
- Irfan M., Verma S. and Ram A. (2012)., Preparation and characterization of ibuprofen loaded transferosome as a novel carrier for transdermal drug delivery system., Asian journal of pharmaceutical and clinical research, 5(3), 162-165.
- Darwhekar G., Jain D.K. and Patidar V.K. (2011)., Formulation and evaluation of transdermal drug delivery system of clopidogrel bisulfate., Asian J. Pharm. Life Sci., 1 (3), 269-278. ISSN 2231, 4423.
- Sahu Rishabh Kumar, Jain Ashish (2012), Development and evaluation of transdermal patches of Colchicine, Der Pharmacia Lettre., 4 (1),330-343, undefined, undefined
- Jyothi B.J. and Mounika T. (2011)., RP-HPLC estimation of cefpodoxime proxetil in rat plasma., Asian Journal of Chemistry, 23(3), 1186.
- Jyothi J. and Lakshmi G. (2014)., In-vitro and In-vivo evaluation of transdermal prolonged release proniosomal gel formulations of propranolol HCL., Int J Drug Dev Res, 6(3), 7-17.
- Jeevana Jyothi B. and Muni Raja lakshmi K. (2017)., Assessment of pharmacokinetic parameters of pharmacodynamically active curcumin gel for assessment of cause for complete recovery of Rheumatoid arthritis., Int. Res. J. Pharm., 8(9), 40-43.
- Singh P.M. and Anju G. (2012)., Visible Spectrophotometric Estimation of Tenoxicam from Tablets., International Journal of Pharmaceutical & Biological Archives, 3(4), 993-995.
- Mândrescu M., Spac A.F. and Dorneanu V. (2009)., Ultraviolet spectrophotometric determination of tenoxicam using iodine solution as reagent., Journal of Applied Chemistry, 113(2), 598-603.
- Mason J.L. and Hobbs G.J. (1995)., Simple method for the analysis of tenoxicam in human plasma using high-performance liquid chromatography., Journal of Chromatography B: Biomedical Sciences and Applications, 665(2), 410-415.
- Madni M.A., Raza A.H.M.A.D., Abbas S.I.K.A.N.D.A.R., Tahir N., Rehman M., Kashif P.M. and Khan M. I. (2016)., Determination of tenoxicam in the plasma by reverse phase HPLC method using single step extraction technique: a reliable and cost effective approach., Acta Pol Pharm, 73(5), 1129-1134.
- Dua K., Pabreja K. and Ramana M. (2010)., Aceclofenac topical dosage forms: in vitro and in vivo characterization., Acta pharmaceutica, 60(4), 467-478.
- Ambulgekar S. (2013)., In vitro and in vivo investigation of topical formulations of erythromycin., Int J Biopharm, 4(2), 135-139.
- Wang Y.Y., Hong C.T., Chiu W.T. and Fang J.Y. (2001)., In vitro and in vivo evaluations of topically applied capsaicin and nonivamide from hydrogels., International journal of pharmaceutics, 224(1-2), 89-104.