Validation of Paliperidone by Non-Aqueous Potentiometric Titration Method for Quantitative Determination from Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient and Formulation
- 1Central Research Laboratory, D.G. Ruparel College Mahim, Mumbai-400 016, India
Res. J. of Pharmaceutical Sci., Volume 5, Issue (4), Pages 1-4, September,30 (2016)
A sensitive and simple potentiometric titration method by using non-aqueous solvent was described for quantification of paliperidone from active pharmaceutical ingredient and formulation. The method was carried out by using standard 0.1 N perchloric acid as titrant for quantification. A % RSD value is 0.1565 indicated precision of method. The linearity (r2 > 0.9999) was obtained in the range 0.02 mg to 0.100 mg of paliperidone weight. The percentage recovery of paliperidone was found between 99.60% to 100.13%. The ruggedness was checked with different analysts, chemicals and different manufactures of auto-titrators.
- Trivedi Rakshit Kanubhai, Jupudi Ravikumar, Patel Mukesh C, Trivedi Dipika R. and Jogia Hitesh A. (2013)., A Validated Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Paliperidone Palmitate in Bulk Drug and its Pharmaceutical Dosage Form., Research and reviews, 2(3), 37-41.
- Satya T., Sivasankara Yadav G.K. and Chakravarthy I.E. (2014)., A New Simple UV Spectrophotometric Determination of Paliperidone Palmitate in Tablets., International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology, 3(1), 411-413.
- Andreas S.L. Mendez Jose Pedro E. Cassol, Vanessa Brum de Camargo, Marcelo Donadel Malesuik and Cassia V. Garcia (2014)., Quantitative Determination of Paliperidone in OROS Tablets by Derivative Spectrophotometric Method – Application in Extraction and Comparison to HPLC., Current Analytical Chemistry, 10(1), 158-165.
- Umamaheswar Korrapati and Rambabu Chintala (2014)., Spectrophotometric Methods for the Quantitative Estimation of Paliperidone in Formulations., Chemical Science Transactions, 3(3), 1156-1162.
- Injavarapu Divya and Uttam Prasad Panigrahy (2014)., New method development and validation of UV-spectrophotometer for the estimation of paliperidone in bulk and pharmaceuticaldosage form., International journal of pharmaceutical research and bio-science, 3(2), 106-125.
- Sherje Atul P. and Londhe Vaishali (2015)., Stability Indicating HPLC method for Determination of Paliperidone in Bulk., International Journal of PharmTech Research, 8(8), 157-163.
- Swarnalatha G., Vijayakumar B., Jothieswari D., P. Jaya Chandra Reddy and Mohankumar M. (2014)., Method development and validation of RP-HPLC Method for determination of new Antipsychotic agent in Paliperidone Palmitate bulk drug., International journal of novel trends in pharmaceutical sciences, 4(4), 101-110.
- Manjula A.S. and Ravi T.K. (2012)., A validated RP-HPLC method for estimation of Paliperidone in bulk and tablet dosage form., American journal of pharm tech research, 2(3), 616-626.
- Boga Haritha and Patnaik Arabinda (2014)., A Novel method for chromatographic determination of paliperidone in pure form and formulation by using RP-HPLC and its stability studies., International Journal of Innovative Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2(11), 2709-2718.
- Dadare Khemchand, Khatri N.C. and Pant Mayank (2012)., Application of RP-HPLC methods for estimation of paliperidone in tablet dosage forms., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 4(6), 3154-3157.
- Nageswara Rao K., Ganapaty S. and Lakshmana Rao A. (2013)., Development and validation of new HPLC method for the estimation of paliperidone in pharmaceutical dosage forms., Rasayan Journal of chemistry., 6(1), 34-38.
- Trivedi Rakshit Kanubhai, Jain Prashant, Patel Mukesh C, Chatrabhuji Parimal M and Trivedi Dipika R. (2013)., A Rapid, Stability Indicating RP-UPLC Method for Determination of Paliperidone Palmitate in a Depot Injectable Formulation., Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science., 3(07), 87- 93.
- P.V.V. Satyanarayana and Alavala Siva Madhavi (2012)., LCMS method development and validation of paliperidone in formulation dosage., Research Desk, 1(1), 1-9.
- Pawar Shubhangi M. and Dhaneshwar Sunil R. (2012)., Validated high performance thin layer chromatographic method for quantitation of paliperidone in the presence of degradation products formed under ich recommended stress conditions., Journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences, 16(15), 1-5.