Provide a conceptual framework for green human resource management based on sustainable development approach
- 1Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Iran
- 2Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Iran
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 8, Issue (2), Pages 1-9, May,6 (2019)
The purpose of this paper is to introduce a conceptual framework that specifies the green human resources indicators towards sustainable development approach. Data was collected 2 ways: first, study review from empirical articles on green human resource management and sustainable development led to Framework 1, second, unstructured interview from 19 academic and industrial experts resulted in Framework 2. The collected data was analyzed by meta-synthesis and thematic method, using MAXQDA software. Based on framework 1 and 2,was presented final conceptual Framework with 3 major themes, including Effective variables, Green human resource management variables, Sustainable variables, as well as10 secondary themes, were identified for this paper. Researchers calculated the reliability by the "HOLSTI's method": it was 85%.
- Mehta K. and Chugan P.K. (2015)., Green HRM in Pursuit of Environmentally Sustainable Business., Universal Journal of Industrial and Business Management, 3(3), 74-81. doi:10.13189/ujibm.2015.030302.
- Daily B.F., Bishop J.W. and Steiner R. (2007)., The Mediating Role Of EMS Teamwork As It Pertains To HR Factors And Perceived Environmental Performance., Journal of Applied Business Research., 23, 95. 10.19030/jabr.v23i1.1411.
- Govindarajulu N. and Daily B.F. (2004)., Motivating employees for environmental improvement., Industrial Management and Data Systems, 104(4), 364-372. https://doi.org/10.1108/02635570410530775
- Wirtenberg J., Harmon J., Russell W.G. and Fairfield K.D. (2007)., HR's role in building a sustainable enterprise., Human Resource Planning, 30, 10-20.
- González‐Benito J. and González‐Benito Ó. (2006)., A review of determinant factors of environmental proactivity., Business Strategy and the environment, 15(2), 87-102. 10.1002/bse.450.https://doi.org/10.1002/bse.450
- Owino W.A. and Kwasira J. (2016)., Influence of Selected Green Human Resource Management Practices on Environmental Sustainability at Menengai Oil Refinery Limited Nakuru, Kenya., J. Hum. Resour. Manag, 4(3), 19-27. doi: 10.11648/j.jhrm.20160403.11
- Dudley B. (2016)., BP Statistical Review of World Energy., June (2016), bp.com/statisticalreviewhttps://www.bp.com/.../bp/.../energy...2016/bp-statistical-review-of-world-energy-201.by E Outlook - 2016
- Molina-Azorı'n J.F., Claver-Corte's E., Pereira-Moliner J. and Tarı'J.J. (2009)., Environmental practices and firm performance: An empirical analysis in the Spanish hotel industry., Journal of Cleaner Production, 17(5), 516-524. doi:10.1016/j.jclepro.2008.09.001
- Jabbour C.J.C. and Santos F.C.A. (2008)., The central role of human resource management in the search for sustainable organizations., The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 19(12), 2133-2154. DOI: 10.1080/09585190802479389
- Paillé P., Chen Y., Boiral O. and Jin J. (2014)., The impact of human resource management on environmental performance: An employee-level study., Journal of Business Ethics, 121(3), 451-466. DOI: 10.1007/s10551-013-1732-0
- AragÓn-Correa J.A. and Rubio-Lopez E.A. (2007)., Proactive corporate environmental strategies: myths and misunderstandings., Long Range Planning, 40(3), 357-381. 10.1016/j.lrp.2007.02.008
- Boiral O. (2009)., Greening the corporation through organizational citizenship behaviors., Journal of Business Ethics, 87(2), 221-236. doi:10.1007/s10551-008-9881-2
- Jabbour C.J.C., Santos F.C.A. and Nagano M.S. (2010)., Contributions of HRM throughout the stages of environmental management: methodological triangulation applied to companies in Brazil., The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 21(7), 1049-1089. doi:10.1080/09585191003783512
- Schroeder H. (2012)., The importance of human resource management in strategic sustainability: An art and science perspective., Journal of Environmental Sustainability, 2(2), 4. DOI: 10.14448/jes.02.0004. Available at: http://scholarworks.rit.edu/jes/vol2/iss2/4
- Arulrajah A.A., Opatha H.H.D.N.P. and Nawaratne N.N.J. (2016)., Green human resource management practices: a review., Sri Lankan Journal of Human Resource Management, 5(1), 1-16. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4038/sljhrm.v5i1.5624
- Mandip G. (2012)., Green HRM: People Management Commitment to Environmental Sustainability., Research Journal of Recent Sciences, 1(ISC-2011), 244-252 (2012). ISSN 2277-2502 www.isca.in
- McGrath S. and Powell L. (2016)., Skills for sustainable development: transforming vocational education and training beyond 2015., International Journal of Educational Development, 50, 12-19. ISSN 0738-0593. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijedudev.2016.05.006 . http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0738059316300700
- WCED (1987)., Our Common Future. World Commission on Environment and Development., Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Department of Environment, Community and Local Government (2012)., Our sustainable future., A FRAMEWORK FOR Sustainable development for Ireland, Publisher: Department of Environment, Community and Local Government Ireland. https://developmenteducation.ie/resource/our-sustainable-future-a-framework-for-sustainable-development-in-ireland
- Holly C., Salmond S. and Saimbert M. (2016)., Comprehensive systematic review for advanced practice nursing., Springer Publishing Company. Available at: (accessed 5 April 2012). www.midwiferycollege.org/... /550Comprehensivesystematicreviewforadvancednursin.
- Braun V. and Clarke V. (2006)., Using thematic analysis in psychology., Qualitative Research in Psychology, 3(2), 77-101. ISSN. 1478-0887 Available from: http://eprints.uwe. ac.uk/11735.http://dx.doi.org/10.1191/1478088706qp063oa
- Sandelowski M. and Barroso J. (2003)., Toward a meta synthesis of qualitative findings on motherhood in HIV-positive women., Research in Nursing and Health, 26(2), 153-170. DOI:10.1002/nur.10072https://doi.org/10.1002/ nur.10072
- Daily B.F. and Huang S.C. (2001)., Achieving sustainability through attention to human resource factors in environmental management., International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 21(12), 1539-1552. https://doi.org/10.1108/01443570110410892
- Renwick D.W.S., Redman T. and Maguire S. (2008)., Green HRM: A Review, Process Model, and Research Agenda., University of Sheffield Working Paper. http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/content/1/c6/08/70/89/2008-01.pdf.
- Renwick D.W.S., Redman T. and Maguire S. (2012)., Green Human Resource Management: A Review, and Research Agenda., International Journal of Management Review, 15,1-14. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2370.2011. 00328.xhttp://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)14682370/homepage/teaching_learning_guides.htm
- Wehrmeyer W. (1996)., Greening People Human Resources and Environmental Management Sheffield England: Greenleaf Publishing., DOI: https://doi.org/ 10.9774/GLEAF.978-1-909493-00-1_1
- Yusoff Y.M., Othman N.Z., Fernando Y., Amran A., Surienty L. and Ramayah T. (2015)., Conceptualization of Green Human Resource Management: An Exploratory Study from Malaysian-based Multinational Companies., International Journal of Business Management and Economic Research(IJBMER), 6(3), 158-166. modir3-3.ir/article-english/article450.pdf
- Mohammad Nejad Shoorkaee M., Seyad Javadin S.R., Shah hoseini M.A. and Haj Karimi A.A. (2017)., Provide a framework for grenn human resource., Journal of Public Administration, 8(4), 691-710, DOI :10.22059/jipa.2017.62183
- Jabbour C.J.C., Jugend D., Jabbour A.B.L.D.S, Gunasekaran A. and Latan H. (2014)., Green product development and performance of Brazilian firms: measuring the role of human and technical aspects., Journal of Cleaner Production, 87(15), 442-451. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2014.09.036
- Zhan Y., Tan K.H., Ji G., Chung L. and Chiu A.S. (2018)., Green and lean sustainable development path in China: Guanxi, practices and performance., Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 128, 240-249. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2016.02.006
- Bhutto S.A. Auranzeb (2016 )., Effects of Green Human Resources Management on Firm Performance: An Empirical Study on Pakistani Firms., European Journal of Business and Management, 8(16), 119-125. ISSN 2222-1905 (Paper) ISSN 2222-2839 (Online). http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/EJBM/article/view/30983
- Jabbar M.H. and Abid M. (2015)., Motivating Employees towards Organizational Environmental Performance., MAGNT Research Report (ISSN. 1444-8939), 2(4), 267-278. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281448584
- Richey Jr. R.G., Musgrove C.F., Gillison S.T. and Gabler C.B. (2014)., The effects of environmental focus and program timing on green marketing performance and the moderating role of resource commitment., Industrial Marketing Management, 43(7), 1246-1257. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2014.06.014
- Teixeira A.A., Jabbour C.J.C., de Sousa Jabbour A.B.L., Latan H. and De Oliveira J.H.C. (2016)., Green training and green supply chain management: evidence from Brazilian firms., Journal of Cleaner Production, 116, 170-176. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.12.061
- Chien M.K. (2014)., Influences of Green Supply Chain Management Practices on Organizational Sustainable Performance., International Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Protection, 1(1), 12-23 (http://www.openscienceonline.com/journal/ijemp)
- Xiao Z. and Lam J.S.L. (2017)., A systems framework for the sustainable development of a Port City: A case study of Singapore, Research in Transportation Business and Management, 22, 255-262. https://doi.org/ 10.1016/j.rtbm.2016.10.003
- Zoogah D.B. (2011)., The dynamics of green HRM behaviors: A cognitive social information processing approach., German Journal of Human Resource Management, 25(2), 117-139. http://dx.doi.org/10.1688/ 1862-0000_ZfP_2011_02_Zoogah
- Beynaghi A., Trencher G., Moztarzadeh F., Mozafari M., Maknoon R. and Leal Filho W. (2016)., Future sustainability scenarios for universities: Moving beyond the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development., Journal of Cleaner Production, 112, 3464-3478. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.10.117
- Zhang Y., Zhao T., Zhengzhu Z., Wan J., Feng X., Liang X. and Zhou A. (2017)., Modeling and dynamic assessment on sustainable development of drainage enterprise: Application of a coupled system dynamics comprehensive assessment model., Journal of Cleaner Production, 141, 157e167. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j. jclepro.2016.09.055
- Gholami H., Rezaei G., Saman M.Z.M., Sharif S. and Zakuan N. (2016)., State-of-the-art Green HRM System: Sustainability in the sports center in Malaysia using a multi-methods approach and opportunities for future research., Journal of Cleaner Product, 124, 142-163. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.02.105
- Wan L., Zhang Y., Qi S., Li H., Chen X. and Zang S. (2017)., A study of regional sustainable development based on GIS/RS and SD model-Case of Hadaqi industrial corridor., Journal of cleaner production, 142, 654-662. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.09.086
- Babader A., Ren J., Jones K. and Wang J. (2015)., A system dynamics approach for enhancing social behaviours regarding the reuse of packaging., Expert Systems with Applications, 46, 417-425. 10.1016/j.eswa.2015.10.025.
- Neuendorf Kimberly A. (2002)., The content Analysis Guidebook., second edition, Cleveland state university. USA. 174. ISBN 9781412979474.