Sustainability from theory to practice through reforms in educational systems
- 1Department of Management, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Near Bhilai House, Durg-491001, CG, India
- 2Faculty of Management Studies, Shankaracharya Group of Institute, Bhilai, CG, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 6, Issue (9), Pages 6-16, September,6 (2017)
Education and learning is a tool from which a child or an adult acquires knowledge, experience, skill and sound attitude. It influences the belief through which value system is developed. Value system helps to remodel society by making a person able to take rational decisions as Human values are crucial driver of their behavior. Previously education was a means used to show a specific way of life to the students and social control was the motive rather an instrument of social change. Modern educational may be helping to earn huge salary but do not place much emphasis upon transforming a way of life of the students. The present education pattern is more specific with a narrow dimension and falls short of concern for the cosmos. Thus this paper aims to suggest the importance of including sustainability as a subject with the study curriculum irrespective of school, college or professional institute whether technical or non technical.
- Turner Rochelle (2015)., World Travel and Tourism council., Economic Impact 2015, Ministry of Tourism, Techsci Research till November 2015, 1-10.
- Chakraborty A. and Sarkar S. (2015)., Sustainable Tourism Model for the Development of Chhattisgarh: A Conceptual Framework., RMS Journal of Management and IT (ISSN: 0975-4733), 7, 126-131.
- Brown Francis J. (1954)., Educational Sociology., Second Edition, by New York: Prentice-Hall, 1-369, ISBN - 08371258129780837125817
- MacIver R. (1913)., What is social psychology?., The Sociological Review, 6(2), 147-160.
- Kaur S.J., Sharma Y. and Mathur A. (2015)., New trends in Education, 557-576, ISBN 9788193037935.
- Samuel R.S. (2011)., A comprehensive study on education., PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., ISBN 10: 8120341821 / ISBN 13: 9788120341821
- Patil N.S. (2014)., Role of Education in social change., ISSN 2277-2456, 1, 58-61.
- Brundtland H.G. (1987)., World Commission on Environment and Development (WCED), Our Common Future., 110-200.
- Wals A. (2009)., University of Netherlands United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development., 2-15.
- Meglino Bruce M. and Ravlin Elizabeth C. (1998)., Individual Values in organizations., 24(3), 351-389. ISSN: 0149-2063 Online ISSN: 1557-1211.
- Green Message (2016). http://greenmesg.org/mantras_ slokas/sri_gurudeva-guru_stotram.php.Retrieved., undefined, undefined
- Macaulay T.B. (1835). http://www.mssu.edu/ projectsouthasia/ history/primarydocs /education/ Macaulay001.htm Minute by the Hon, undefined, undefined