Mantra for a high performing organisation: employee engagement
- 1Department of Business Administration, BIT, Durg, CG, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 6, Issue (11), Pages 16-19, November,6 (2017)
Employee engagement is a very vast field and a very important area of study in the field of Human Resource Management. There is considerable confusion between the two concept job satisfaction and employee engagement as people consider them as the same. But the fact is that concepts like job satisfaction, employee commitment and organizational citizenship behavior are the pillars on which the concept of employee engagement is based. Employee engagement is the level of commitment and involvement an employee has towards his organization and its values. The concept of employee engagement is relatively new to the business and academic world. However, research to a considerable extent has been made to link engagement and organizational processes and outcomes. The paper intends to highlight the concept of employee engagement and its correlation with organizational performance.
- Kahn W.A. (1990)., Psychological Conditions of Personal Engagement and Disengagement at Work., Academy of Management Journal, 33(4), 692-724.
- Schaufeli W., Salanova M., González Romá V. and Bakker A.B. (2002)., The measurement of engagement and burnout: A two sample confirmatory factor analytic approach., Journal of Happiness Studies, 3, 71-92.
- Towers Perrin (2003)., Working Today: Understanding What Drives Employee Engagement., Towers Perrin: Stamford CT. http://www.keepem.com/doc_files/Towers_Perrin_Talent_2003%28TheFinal%29.pdf
- Council C.L. (2004)., Driving performance and retention through employee engagement., Washington, DC: Corporate Executive Board, 32. https://www.stcloudstate.edu/humanresources/_files/documents/supv-brown-bag/employee-engagement.pdf
- Sirota D. and Mischkind L.A. and Meltzer M.I. (2005)., The Enthusiastic Employee., Pearson Education. ISBN: 0-13-142330-4
- Harter J.K., Schmidt F.L. and Hayes T.L. (2002)., Business-Unit-Level Relationship between Employee Satisfaction, Employee Engagement, and Business Outcomes: A Meta Analysis., Journal of Applied Psychology, 87(2), 268-279.
- Aon Hewitt (2013)., Managing Employees Engagement during Times of Change., http://www.aon.com/attachments/human-capital-consulting/ 2013_Managing_Engagement_During_Times_of_Change _White_Paper.pdf
- The Conference Board (2006)., Employee Engagement: A Review of Current Research and Its Implications., https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/cxpa.site-ym.com/resource/ resmgr/files/employee_engagement.pdf
- Harter J.K., Schmidt F.L., Killham E.A. and Asplund J.W. (2006)., Q12 Meta Analysis., Gallup Consulting https://strengths.gallup.com/private/resources/q12meta-analysis_flyer_gen_08%2008_bp.pdf
- Crabtree S. (2004)., Getting personnel in the work place – Are negative relationships squelching productivity in your company?., Gallup Management Journal, 10, 208.
- Soni B.S. (2013)., Employee Engagement- Akey to Organisational Success in 21st Century., Voice of Reseacrch, 1(4), 51-55.
- Hay Group (2001)., Engage employees and boost performance., www.haygroup.com/downloads/us/Engaged _ Performance_120401.pdf
- I.R.S. (2004)., It pays to talk: Gauging the employment relationship., IRS Employment Review, 811, 9-16.
- Perrin T. (2008)., Closing the Engagement Gap: A Road Map for Driving Superior Business Performance: Towers Perrin Global Workforce Study 2007-2008., Talent on Demand: Managing Talent in an Age of Uncertainty. https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/simnet.site-ym.com/resource/group/066D79D1-E2A8-4AB5-B621-60E58640FF7B/leadership_workshop_2010/towers_perrin_global_workfor.pdf
- Right Management (2009)., Employee Engagement: Maximizing Organizational Performance., http://www.right.com/thought-leadership/research/ employee-engagement---maximizing-organizational-performance.pdf
- White B. (2008)., HR Anexi Report., Retrieved from www.hranexi.com