An Overview of the Effect of Change Management on Employee Engagement
- 1Dept. of Management, BIT, Durg, CG, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 5, Issue (5), Pages 7-9, May,6 (2016)
Change is the ultimate reality in this world. Organization too changes because of various complex and unstable factors. Managing employee engagement during the time of organizational change is a key managerial challenge. This paper provides basic information about the concept of change management and employee engagement, explains the relationship between the two concepts, drivers and significance of employee engagement and the barriers to engagement during the times of change.
- Dunne M.J. (2013)., Employee engagement and change management programmes: A comparative study of organizational commitment between Thai and Irish cultures., International Affairs and Global Strategy. 9, 01-22.
- Bridger E. (2015)., Employee Engagement,, Kogan Page Limited, Britain, 1-264. ISBN- 978-0- 7494-7201-6,
- Fleck S. and Inceoglu I. (2010)., A comprehensive framework for understanding and predicting engagement, in S Albrecht (ed.),, The Handbook of Employee Engagement: Models, Measures and Practice, Cheltenham, Edward- Elgar Publishing House, 31-42. ISBN-978-1-8484-4821-6
- Chien J.C. (2015)., The impact of change management on employee satisfaction and Engagement., International Journal of Social, Behavioral, Educational, Economic, Business and Industrial Engineering. 9(5), 1680-1685
- Sonenshein S. and Dholakia U. (2016), Explaining employee engagement with strategic change implementation: A meaning making approach,, Jones Graduate School of Management, Rice University, Houston, 01-63 http://sonenshein.rice.edu/uploadedFiles/Publications/Explaining%20Employee%20Engagement%20with%20Strategic%20Change%20Implementation_final.pdf, retrieved on 28-04-2016
- Vance R.J. (2006)., Effective Practice Guidelines, Employee Engagement and Commitment., SHRM Foundation, U.S.A.
- Swarnalata C. and Prasanna T.S. (2013)., Employee engagement and Change management., IJBMI. 2.(6), 01-06
- Borah N (2015)., Employee engagement and commitment to change: The missing link., International Conference on Advances and Challenges in Global Business, Management, Economics, Tourism and Information Technology, Jaipur, India, 30th-31st May
- Dicke C. (2007)., Employee engagement and change management., Centre for advanced human resource studies. 49-61
- Managing employee engagement (2015), Managing employee engagement during times of change., http://www.aon.com/attachments/human-capital- consulting/2013_Managing_Engagement_During _Times_of_Change_White_Paper.pdf, 31/12/2015
- Balakrishnan C. and Masthan D. (2013)., Impact of internal communication on employee engagement- A study at Delhi International Airport., International Journal of Scientific and Research Publication. 3 (8), 01-13
- Hart A.J. (2016)., Exploring the influence of management communication behaviors on employee engagement,, Doctoral Thesis, Walden University, U.S.A