Re-configuration of the Disciplinary Landscape: A synergistic move taken by Universities to expand the knowledge Boundaries
- 1MATS University, Kharora Highway, Aarang, Raipur, Chhattisgarh 493441, India
- 2St. Vincent Palloti College, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 5, Issue (4), Pages 21-23, April,6 (2016)
The 21st century is known as the knowledge era. The society in the 20th century witnessed innovation and research in area specific disciplines but in the 21st century it was realized that many of the societal and daily encountered problems can only be solved by Interdisciplinary researches. There is no place in this world except the Universities who can inculcate this culture in the prospective researchers. Universities are the pioneers in creating a knowledge based society. Interdisciplinary studies can be defined as the convergence of ideas from various different disciplines by specialist to solve in an integrated manner various national and International problems. The present paper tries to focus on the various factors that can promote Interdisciplinary studies in Universities, the tools and techniques that can be applied for its promotion and the challenges faced by the Universities in Implementing this.
- Zukas M. and Malcom J. (1999)., Models of the educator in higher education, paper presented at the British Educational research Association Annual Conference,, University of Sussex, September.
- National Academy of sciences (2005)., Facilitating Interdisciplinary Research., Washington, DC: National Academics Press.
- Arms W.Y. (2000)., Digital Libraries,, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA