Simulation of force sensor based on ring resonator in photonic crystal structure
- 1Department of Electronics and Telecommunication, Shri Shankaracharya Technical Campus, Bhilai, Durg, Chhattisgarh-491001, India
- 2Department of Electronics and Telecommunication, Shri Shankaracharya Technical Campus, Bhilai, Durg, Chhattisgarh-491001, India
- 3Department of Electronics and Telecommunication, Shri Shankaracharya Technical Campus, Bhilai, Durg, Chhattisgarh-491001, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (7), Pages 24-27, July,26 (2017)
In this paper, we have presented the design of resonator structure in photonic crystals to improve two parameters i.e., Quality Factor and Sensitivity. Photonic Crystal based force sensor includes hexagonal rings in 2-D Photonic Crystal silicon slab of hexagonal lattice which are to be integrated on the top of Silicon Microcantilever for Sensing applications. Ring resonator has been arranged in between two silicon Photonic Crystals waveguides, i.e., bus and drop waveguides. The new ring-resonators has formed by removing the holes of a hexagonal lattice from two-dimensional silicon Photonic Crystals slab. The parameters Quality Factor and Sensitivity can be improved by tuning the size of holes in the hexagonal resonator structure. 2-D Finite Difference Time Domain Method and Finite Element Method has been used for simulation.
- Lee Chengkuo and Thillaigovindan Jayaraj (2009 )., Optical nanomechanical sensor using a a silicon photonic crystal cantilever embedded with a nanocavity resonator., Applied Optics , 48(10), 1797-1803.
- Guyev Igor V. and Sukhoivanov Igor A. (2009)., Photonic Crystals., First Edition, 152.
- Joannopoulos J.D., Johnson S.G., Winn J.N. and Meade R.D. ( 2011)., Photonic Crystals: Molding the Flow of Light (Second Edition)., Princeton University Press.
- Li Bo, Hsiao Fu-Li and Lee Chengkuo (2010)., Configuration analysis of sensing element for micro-cantilever sensor using dual nano-ring resonator., International Conference on Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics, 181-182.
- Sharma Poonam, Gudagunti Fleming Dackson and Sharan Preeta (2014 )., An analysis of Quality Factor for different bio-analytes by using photonic crystal based sensor., Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies, 924-928.
- Hsiao Fu-Li and Lee Chengkuo (2009)., Novel Biosensor Based on Photonic Crystal Nano-Ring Resonator., Procedia Chemistry, 1(1), 417-420 .
- Hsiao Fu-Li and Lee Chengkuo (2010)., Computational Study of Photonic Crystals Nano-Ring Resonator for Biochemical Sensing., IEEE Sensors Journal , 10(7), 1185-1191.
- Hsiao Fu-Li and Lee Chengkuo (2011)., Nanophotonic biosensors using hexagonal nanoring resonators: computational study., Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, 10 (1), 013001.
- Ho Chong Pei, Li Bo, Danner Aaron J. and Lee Chengkuo (2013)., Design and modeling of 2-D photonic crystals based hexagonal triple-nano-ring resonator as biosensors., Microsystem technologies, 19(1), 53-60.
- Li Bo, Hsiao Fu-Li and Lee Chengkuo (2011)., Configuration analysis of sensing element for photonic crystal based NEMS cantilever using dual nano-ring resonator., Sensors and Actuators A: Physical , 169(2), 352-361.
- Robison S. (2014)., Photonic Crystal Ring Resonator based Optical Filters for Photonic Integrated Circuits., Light and its integrations with Matter, 1620, 131-138.
- Sreenivasulu T., Kolli V.R., Anusree K., Yadunath T.R., Badrinarayana T. and Srinivas T. (2015)., Photonic Crystal Based Force Sensor on Siliocon Microcantilever., IEEE, 1-4.