Patient Record data hiding in Medical Images using M-ary Modulation
- 1Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University, Bhilai, India
- 2Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, Chhattisgarh, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (9), Pages 5-10, September,26 (2016)
Telemedicine is a general practice among remote areas. There is a chance of modifying in medical images intentionally or accidently if transmitted through open network. The medical practitioner has to verify region of interest (ROI), the diagnosis area of the received medical images before rendering any decision report. In this paper, a medical image watermarking scheme using DCT domain is discussed. The decision area (ROI) is to be separated using Fuzzy c- means and embed watermark in region of non- interest (RONI) using M-ary modulation. The effectiveness of the system is experimentally proved for different MRI medical images using different quality measures as PSNR, MSE, NRMSE, MAE and NCC and revealed that the proposed scheme produced a preferable quality of watermarked medical images.
- Anand D. and Niranjan U.C. (1998)., Watermarking medical images with patient information., Proceedings of the 20thAnnual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Hong Kong, 29th Oct.-1st Nov., 703-706.
- Maity H.K. and Maity S.P. (2012)., Joint robust and reversible watermarking for medical images., Procedia technology, 6, 275-282.
- Chao H.M., Hsu C.M. and Miaou S.G. (2002)., A data hiding technique with authentication, integration and confidentiality for electronic patient records., IEEE Transaction Information Technology in Biomedicine, 6(1), 46-52.
- Acharya R., Niranjan U.C., Iyengar S.S., Kannathal N. and Min L.C. (2004)., Simultaneous storage of patient information with medical images in the frequency domain., Computer methods and programs in biomedicine, 76, 13-19.
- Lee H.K., Kim H.J., Kwon K.R. and Lee J.K. (2005)., Digital watermarking of medical image using ROI information., Proceedings of 7th International Workshop on HEALTHCOM, 23rd-25th June, 404-407.
- Li M., Poovendran R. and Narayanan S. (2005)., Protecting patient privacy against unauthorised release of medical images in a group communication environment., Computerized medical imaging and graphics, 29, 367-383
- Navas K.A., Thampy S.A. and Sasi kumar M. (2007)., EPR hiding in medical images for telemedicine., International Journal of Biological and Life Science, 3(1), 44-47.
- Raul R.C., Claudia F.U. and Gershom T.B. (2007)., Data hiding scheme for medical images., Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Electronic, Communications and Computers, Cholula, Puebla, 26th-28th Feb., 32-37.
- Guo X. and Zhuang Tg. (2009)., A region based lossless watermarking scheme for enhancing security of medical data., Journal of Digital Imaging, 22(1), 53-64.
- Kundu M.K. and Das S. (2010)., Lossless ROI medical image watermarking technique with enhanced security and high payload embedding., Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Pattern Recognition. Istanbul, Turkey, 23rd-26th Aug., 1457-1460.
- Dhavale S.V. and Mali S.N. (2011)., High capacity robust medical image data hiding using CDCS with integrity checking., International Journal on Signal and Image Processing, 2(1), 13-16.
- Bouslimi D., Coatrieux G. and Roux C. (2012)., A joint encryption/watermarking system for verifying the reliability of medical images., IEEE Transaction Information Technology in Biomedicine, 16(5), 891-899.
- Rappaport T.S. (2002)., Wireless communications: Principles and Practices., 2nd Edition Prentice-Hall: Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, U.S.A, ISBN 0-13-042232-0.
- Haykin S. and Moher M. and Koilpillai D. (2004)., Modern Wireless Communications., Pearson Prentice Hall, U.S.A, ISBN:10:0130224723.
- Molisch A.F. (2005)., Wireless Communications., John Wiley & Sons.
- Suthar R., Joshi S. and Agrawal N. (2011)., Performance analysis of different M-ary modulation techniques in cellular mobile communication., International Journal of Computer Application (IP multimedia communication), 25-29.
- Podilchuk C.I. et. al. (1996)., Digital image watermarking using visual models., Proceedings of Human Vision and Electronic Imaging II, San Jose, Canada; 08th Feb.
- Podilchuk C.I. and Zeng W. (1997)., Perceptual watermarking of still images., Proceedings of First IEEE Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing. Princeton, NJ, 23-25 Jun., 363–368.
- Kallel I.F., Kallel M. and Bouhlel M.S. (2006)., A secure fragile watermarking algorithm for medical image authentication in the DCT domain., Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technology, ICTTA
- Planitz B. and Maeder A. (2005)., Medical image watermarking: a study on image degradation., Proceedings of the APRS Workshop on Digital Image Computing: WDIC 2005, Brisbane, ustralia, 12th Feb., 3-8