Study of Wire EDM with Low Frequency Vibration in AISI D2 Steel
- 1University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rohtak, Haryana, India
- 2YMCA University of Science and Technology, Faridabad, Haryana, India
- 3University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rohtak, Haryana, India
- 4University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rohtak, Haryana, India
- 5University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (8), Pages 8-13, August,26 (2016)
In this paper, we will study about the machining performance of Electrical Discharge Machining process with low frequency vibration. In this we will analyze the effect of low frequency vibration provided to the work piece which is taken as a main input factor with the parameters cutting speed and surface roughness of machine. This happened with the help of fixture and vibration actuator unit. By the help of this vibration unit vibration produced to the work piece, this vibration removed the debris fast and our cutting speed increased with increasing speed the surface roughness is minimized. The working range and levels for the WEDM parameters are studied by this survey. The Taguchi technique is used here to study the effects of the WEDM..
- 1. Garn R., Schubert A. and Zeidler H. (2011)., Analysis of the effect of vibrations on the micro-EDM process at the workpiece surface., Precision Engineering, 35, 364-368.
- Sundaram Murali M., Pavalarajan Ganesh B. and Kamlakar P. Rajurkar (2008)., A Study on Process Parameters of Ultrasonic Assisted Micro EDM Based on Taguchi Method., JMEPEG, 17, 210-215.
- Singh Jujhar, Walia R.S, Satsangi P.S and Singh V.P (2012)., Hybrid Electric Discharge Machining Process with Continuous & Discontinuous Vibration on workpiece., IJMSE, 2(1), 22-33.
- Singh Jujhar, Walia R.S, Satsangi P.S. and Singh V.P (2011)., FEM Modeling of ultrasonic vibration assisted workpiece in EDM process., IJMSE, 1(1), 8-16.
- Setia Prihandana Gunawan, Mahardika Muslim, Hamdi M. and Mitsui Kimiyuki (2011)., Effect of low frequency vibration on workpiece in EDM Process., Journal of mechanical science and technology, 25(5), 1231-1234.
- Jahan M.P, Wong Y.S and Rahman M. (2012)., Evaluation of the effectiveness of low frequency workpiece vibration in deep-hole micro-EDM drilling of tungusten carbide., Journal of Manufacturing Process, 14, 343-359.
- Jha Bhola, Ram K. and Rao Mohan (2011)., An overview of technology & research in electrode design & manufacturing in sinking electrical discharge machining., Journal of engineering science & technology review, 4(2), 118-130.
- Saini Parveen Kr. and Verma Mukesh (2014)., Experimental investigation of Wire EDM Process parameters on MRR of Ti-6al-4v alloy., International Journal of innovative technology & exploring engineering, ISSN:2278-3075, 4, 5.