A Genetic Algorithm optimized PI Controller for Vector Controlled Drive
- 1Department of Electrical Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology Durg, C.G., India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (5), Pages 9-15, May,26 (2016)
In the present scenario, for high performance industrial, DC machines are used. But with the help of Power Electronics, the same dynamic performance can be obtained for induction motor using vector controlled techniques. An advanced control strategy in the field of adjustable speed drives is the Indirect vector control of an Induction motor. The Indirect vector control strategy is simple with one PI controller. The tuned parameter values obtained by several methods may not perform satisfactorily for variable drive operating condition. In this paper, the Genetic Algorithm is used to optimize the gains of PI controller to enhance the performance of Induction motor drive.
- Leonhard W. (1988)., Adjustable –Speed AC Drives., proc. IEEE, 76(4), 455-471.
- Finch J. W., Atkinson D. J. and Acarnley P. P. (1994)., Scalar to vector: General Principles of Modern Induction Motor Control., IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., 41(2), 201-207.
- Yen Shin Lai (2003)., Machine Modelling and Universal Controller for Vector Controlled Induction Motor Drives., IEEE Trans. On Energy Conservation, 18(1), 23-32.
- Krishnan R. and Bharadwaj A.S. (1991)., A review of parameter sensitivity and adaptation in indirect vector controlled induction motor drive systems., IEEE Trans. on Power Elec., 6(4), 695-701.
- Ashok Kusagur, Kodad S.F. and Shankar Ram B.V. (2009)., Modelling of Induction Motor and Control of Speed Using Hybrid Controller Technology., Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology (JATIT), 10(2), 117-126.
- Adel Aktaibi, Daw Ghanim and Rahman M.A. (2016)., Dynamic Simulation of a Three-Phase Induction Motor using MATLAB SIMULINK., Currents.
- Shi K.L., Chan T.F. and Wong Y.K. (1997)., Modelling of a Three-Phase Induction Motor Using SIMULINK., 0-7803-3946-0/97, IEEE. WB3-6.l-6.3.
- Habibur Rehman (2012)., Detuning Minimization for Alternative Energy Vehicular Drive System., IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Power and Propulsion Conference (VPPC), 42-47.
- Timothy M. Rowan, Russel J. Kerkman and David Leggate (1991)., A Simple On-Line Adaption for Indirect Field Orientation of an Induction Machine, IEEE Trans. On Inds. App. 27(4), 720-727.
- Tista Banerjee, Sumana Chowdhuri, Gautam Sarkar and Jitendranath Bera (2012)., Performance Comparison between GA and PSO for Optimization of PI and PID controller of Direct FOC Induction Motor Drive., International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 2(7), 01-08.
- Ranjith Kumar K., Sakthibala D. and Palaniswami S. (2010)., Efficiency Optimization of Induction Motor Drive using Soft Computing Techniques., International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), 3(1), 06-12.
- Laatra Yousfi, Amel Bouchemha, Mohcene Bechouat and Abdelhani Boukrouche (2014)., Vector control of induction machine using PI controller optimized by genetic algorithms., 16th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference and Exposition, 1493-1498, Antalya, Turkey, 21-24.
- Bose B.K. (2005)., Modern Power electronics and AC drives., Pearson Education, Singapore.