Influence of Soil Geotechnical Propreties on Water Erosion in Brazzaville City
- 1Departement of Geology, Faculty of Sciences and Technics, Marien Ngouabi University, Brazzaville, Congo
- 2Departement of Geology, Faculty of Mines and Geology, Higher Institute of Mines and Metallurgy, Moa-CUBA
- 3Departement of Civil Engineering, Polytechnic Higher National School, University Marien Ngouabi, Brazzaville
- 4Departement of Geology, Faculty of Mines and Geology, Higher Institute of Mines and Metallurgy, Moa-CUBA
- 5Departement of Geology, Faculty of Mines and Geology, Higher Institute of Mines and Metallurgy, Moa-CUBA
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (12), Pages 1-4, December,26 (2016)
Geotechnical results from tests of identification and consolidation in soil samples of sands deposits are presented. It is the sedimentary cover that lies unconformably on the Precambrian rocks. The sedimentary cover has similar characteristics like loess and comparable to those deposits found in other parts of the world. The laboratory results of edometric and sieve tests indicate this soil is sandy and loam, non-cohesive, collapsible leading to differential settlements between 4.3 and 5.5 cm.
- Nzila J.D. (1993)., Water quality and water-borne diseases in Congo (Unpublished master dissertation)., University of Montpellier, France.
- González de Vallejo L.I., Ferrer M., Ortuño L. and Oteo C. (2002)., Geological Engineering, Ed. Prentice Hall, Madrid,, Spain, 1-744, ISBN: 978-0-415-58478-4.
- Proctor R.R. (1933)., Design and construction of rolled-earth dams., Eng. News-Record, 9(1), 245-248.
- Soil Survey Staff Soil survey manual (1992)., Agricultural Research Administration, Department of Agriculture, Washington,, United States, 1-391, ISBN: 13: 978-1410204172.
- Juárez B. and Rodríguez R. (2010)., Mechanics of Soils, Fundamentals of Soil Mechanics, Limusa,, Mexico, 1 - 1323, ISBN: 9789681800697.
- Feda J. (1966)., Structural stability of subsident loess from Praha-Dejvice., Engineering Geology, 1(3), 201-219.
- FAO (1980)., A provisional methodology for soil degradation assessment, , Rome, Italy, 1- 94, ISBN: 92-5-100869-8.