Heavy metals concentration in soils and some aspects chime-remediation in Iraq and Poland
- 1Ministry of Science and Technology, Iraq
- 2University of Life Science in Lublin, Poland
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 7, Issue (8), Pages 27-29, August,22 (2018)
The heavy metal in Poland between (1999-2017) shows high increasing in level of heavy metals, but all not across the WHO , while Iraq in 2016 show high level of heavy metals in Cadmium that is more than the WHO level; The heavy metal concentration in plants ability to adsorbent them. Baghdad: Mn >Ni >Pb>Cd>Cu, while Poland: Mn=Ni> Cu>Pb>Cd. The chime-remediation by EDTA was better in the silty soil and low organic matter compared to citric acid were to Pb >Cu >Zn respectively. The high lead concentration in Iraqi soils observed acidity soils.
- Khan S., Cao Q., Zheng Y.M., Huang Y.Z. and Zhu Y.G. (2008)., Health risks of heavy metals in contaminated soils and food crops irrigated with wastewater in Beijing, China., Environmental pollution, 152(3), 686-692. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17720286
- Zhang M.K., Liu Z.Y. and Wang H. (2010)., Use of single extraction methods to predict bioavailability of heavy metals in polluted soils to rice., Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 41(7), 820-831. https://doi.org/10.1080/00103621003592341
- GWRTAC (1997)., Remediation of metals-contaminated soils and groundwater., GWRTAC, Pittsburgh, USA, 77-85.
- Kirpichtchikova T.A., Manceau A., Spadini L., Panfili F., Marcus M.A. and Jacquet T. (2006)., Speciation and solubility of heavy metals in contaminated soil using X-ray microfluorescence, EXAFS spectroscopy, chemical extraction, and thermodynamic modeling., Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 70(9), 2163-2190. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gca.2006.02.006
- Maslin P. and Maier R.M. (2000)., Rhamnolipid-enhanced mineralization of phenanthrene in organic-metal co-contaminated soils., Bioremediation Journal, 4(4), 295-308. https://doi.org/10.1080/10889860091114266
- McLaughlin M.J., Zarcinas B.A., Stevens D.P. and Cook N. (2000)., Soil testing for heavy metals., Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 31(11-14), 1661-1700. https://doi.org/10.1080/00103620009370531
- Chesworth W. (2008)., Encyclopedia of soil science., Springer, Netherland, 901. ISBN978-1-4020-5127-2.
- Tian P., Li Y. and Yang Z. (2009)., Effect of rainfall and antecedent dry periods on heavy metal loading of sediments on urban roads., Frontiers of earth Science in China, 3(3), 297-302.
- Mahbub P., Ayoko G.A., Goonetilleke A., Egodawatta P. and Kokot S. (2010)., Impacts of traffic and rainfall characteristics on heavy metals build-up and wash-off from urban roads., Environmental science & technology, 44(23), 8904-8910. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es1012565
- Hussain K. Sh. (2016)., Determination of Heavy Metals in Two Regions from Kirkuk City Using Sequential Extraction., Journal of Geoscience and Environment Protection, 4(2), 38-45. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ gep. 2016.42005
- Kuziemska B., Pakuła K., Pieniak-Lendzion K. and Becher M. (2017)., Heavy metals in soil along transport routes., Seria: Administracja i Zarządzanie, 39(112), 97-107.
- Treder W. (2005)., Variation in soil pH, calcium and magnesium status influenced by drip irrigation and fertigation., Journal of Fruit and Ornamental Plant Research, 13, 59-70.
- Ali A.K. and Alkhafajy A. Kh. (2016)., Assessment of Heavy Metal (Ni, Cr) Contamination and Spatial Distribution in Surface Sediment and Soil in the Area of Lake Sawa., International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 5(4), 1089-1092.
- Sillanpӓӓ M. (1982)., Micronutrients and the nutrient status of soils: global study., Food and agriculture Organization of the United Nations, FAO soils bulletin, 48, 307-310. ISNB: 92-5-101193-1.
- Yassen M.J., Schanz T. and Mou, Comparison of Gypsiferous Soils in Samarra and Karbala Areas, Iraq., Iraqi Bulletin of Geology and Mining, 6(2), 115-126.
- do Nascimento C.W.A., Amarasiriwardena D. and Xing B. (2006)., Comparison of natural organic acids and synthetic chelates at enhancing phytoextraction of metals from a multi-metal contaminated soil., Environmental Pollution, 140(1), 114-123.
- Gzar H.A. and Mottar Z.H. (2015)., Desorption of lead, copper and zinc from iraqi silty contaminated soil., Al-Qadisiya Journal for Engineering Sciences, 8(4), 540-557.\\
- McCauley A. (2017)., Soil pH and Organic Matter., Nutrient management module, 8(17), 4449-4458.