Cypermethrin exposed chromosomal aberrations of Indian major carp, Labeo rohita
- 1Department of Biology, M.N. College, Visnagar - 384315, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 7, Issue (8), Pages 16-20, August,22 (2018)
With the beginning of Green Revolution in the second half of the 20th century when growers initiated to use technical advances to enhancement harvests, manmade composts, pesticides and herbicides became common place from place to place the world not only on farms but in courtyard greens and on front lawns as well. Among the wide majority of pesticides, Cypermethrin, a synthetic pyrethroid, is regularly used as agronomic insecticide which is found tremendously lethal to non-target creatures of aquatic habitat including fishes. As per statistic, manufacture and efficiency have amplified. Though, the high biochemical practices of insecticides to carry around these remarkable upsurges in nutriment manufacture is not without its glitches. A perceptible similar association amongst advanced efficiency, high chemical contribution usage and ecological dilapidation possessions is apparent in south Gujarat where marketable cultivation is extensive. This affects the physiological and cytological changes among the fishes. With that reference Cytogenetic study of Labeo rohita has been carried out to check effects of lethal concentration (0.06ppm) and acute lethal concentration (0.1ppm) of Cypermethrin. The chromosomal aberrations like acentric fragments, rings, double minutes and chromosome break, endo-reduplication, premature separation of chromosome and pulverization were observed at various stages.
- Sahu S.K., Sarangi D. and Pradhan K.C. (2006)., Water Pollution in Orissa., Orissa Review. Int. J. Env. Sc., 1(4), 514-522.
- Gilden R.C., Huffling K. and Sattler B. (2010)., Pesticides and health risks., J. Obst. Gynec. Neonat. Nurs, 39(1), 103-110.
- Agnihorti N.P., Jain H.K. and Gajbhiye V.T. (1986)., Persistence of some synthetic pyrethroid insecticides in soil, water and sediment-part I., J. Entomol. Res., 10(2), 147-151.
- Crossland N.O. (1982)., Aquatic toxicology of Cypermethrin. II. Fate and biological effects in pond experiments., Aquatic Toxicology., 2(4), 205-222.
- Denton T.E. (1973)., Fish chromosome methodology., Banners tome House USA, 5, 129-148.
- Ojima Y., Takayama S. and Yamamoto K. (1972)., Chromosome preparation from cultured scale epithelium of teleost fish., The Japanese Journal of Genetics, 47(6), 445-446.
- Sharaf S., Khan A., Khan M.Z., Aslam F., Saleemi M.K. and Mahmood F. (2010)., Clinico-hematological and micronuclear changes induced by cypermethrin in broiler chicks: Their attenuation with vitamin E and selenium., Experimental and Toxicologic Pathology, 62(4), 333-341.
- Ahmad L., Khan A., Khan M.Z., Hussain I., Mahmood F., Sleemi M.K. and Abdullah I. (2012)., Toxico-pathological effects of cypermethrin upon male reproductive system in rabbits., Pesticide biochemistry and physiology, 103(3), 194-201.
- Bhushan B., Saxena N. and Saxena P.N. (2010)., Beta-cyfluthrin induced histochemical alterations in the liver of the albino rat., Scandinavian Journal of Laboratory Animal Sciences, 37(2), 61-66.
- Aslam F., Khan A., Khan M.Z., Sharaf S., Gul S.T. and Saleemi M.K. (2010)., Toxico-pathological changes induced by cypermethrin in broiler chicks: Their attenuation with Vitamin E and selenium., Experimental and Toxicologic pathology, 62(4), 441-450.
- Luty S., Latuszynska J., Halliop J., Tochman A., Obuchowska D., Przylepa E. and Korczak E. (1998)., Toxicity of dermally applied alpha-cypermethrin in rats., Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine, 5, 109-116.
- Khuda Bukhsh A.R. (1994)., Localization of C-band heterochromatin in metaphase chromosomes of two species in Indian major carp., Inland Fish. Soc. India, 26, 44-46.
- Majumdar K.C. and McAndrew B.J. (1986)., Relative DNA content of somatic nuclei and chromosomal studies in three genera, Tilapia, Sarotherodon, and Oreochromis of the tribe Tilapiini (Pisces, Cichlidae)., Genetica, 68(3), 175-188.
- Zhang S.M. and Reddy P.V.G.K. (1991)., On the comparative karyomorphology of three Indian major carps, Catla catla (Hamilton), Labeo rohita (Hamilton) and Cirrhinus mrigala (Hamilton)., Aquaculture, 97(1), 7-12.
- Krishnaja A.P. and Rege M.S. (1982)., Induction of chromosomal aberrations in fish Boleophthalmus dussumieri after exposure in vivo to mitomycin C and heavy metals mercury, selenium and chromium., Mutation Research/Genetic Toxicology, 102(1), 71-82.
- Gadhia P.K., Dholakia A.H. and Gadhia M. (1990)., Cadmium nitrate induced chromosomal aberrations in a common carp Cyrprinus carpio., Aquacultura Hungarica, 6, 19-23.
- Rishi K.K. and Grewal S. (1995)., Chromosome aberration test for the insecticide, dichlorvos, on fish chromosomes., Mutation Research/Genetic Toxicology, 344(1-2), 1-4.
- Pinter A., Torok G., Sutjan A., Csik M., Bonsonyi M. and Kelescsenyi Z. (1989)., Genotoxicity of selected herbicides., Ann. 1st Super Sanita., 25, 577-582.
- Cajaraville M.P., Hauser L., Carvalho G., Hylland K., Olabarrieta I., Lawrence A.J. and Goksøyr A. (2003)., Genetic damage and the molecular/cellular response to pollution., Effects of pollution on fish: molecular effects and Population responses, 14-82.
- Al-Sabiti K. (1994)., Micronuclei induced by selenium, mercury, methyl mercury and their mixtures in binucleated blocked hepatic cell techniques fish erythrocytes cells., Mutat. Res., 320, 157-163.
- Das P. and John G. (1999)., Induction of sister chromatid exchanges and chromosome aberrations in vivo in Etroplus suratensis (Bloch) following exposure to organophosphorus pesticides., Toxicology letters, 104(1-2), 111-116.