Microcontroller based baby incubator
- 1Viva Arts, Science and Commerce College, Virar (W), India
- 2Viva Arts, Science and Commerce College, Virar (W), India
- 3Viva Arts, Science and Commerce College, Virar (W), India
- 4Viva Arts, Science and Commerce College, Virar (W), India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 7, Issue (7), Pages 37-38, July,22 (2018)
Low birth weight premature baby have inefficient thermoregulation. Thermoregulation is very important process which plays crucial role in development of baby. Baby incubator provides favorable environment for new born babies and protects them from pollutants and infection. Modern incubators are costly and difficult to handle. "Microcontroller based baby incubator" using ATmega 168 controls and monitor constantly the temperature and humidity. This incubator is low cost and user friendly. It provides the details of the project to design and develop an efficient, cost effective and environmental friendly incubator. It helps to avoid the death of premature infant due to lack of consistent heat. This decrease in temperature of infant is because of extremely low birth weight.
- Kumar P.A., Akshay N., Kumar T.A., Sama A. and Jagannath B. (2013)., Real time monitoring and control of neonatal incubator using lab view., Int. J. Appl. Innov. Eng. Manag, 2, 375-380.
- Cavalcante M.U., Torrico B.C., da Mota Almeida O., de Souza Braga A.P. and da Costa Filho F.L.M. (2010)., Filtered model-based predictive control applied to the temperature and humidity control of a neonatal incubator., In Proceedings of International Conference on Industry Applications (INDUSCON 2010), São Paulo, Brazil, 8-10.
- Sage C. and Carpenter D. (2012)., Bio Initiative Report: A Rationale for a Biologically-Based Public Exposure Standard for Electromagnetic Radiation., 1479.
- Whitaker III W.A. (1996)., Acrylic polymers: a clear focus., MDDI Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry News Products and Suppliers. Medical Plastics and Biomaterials Magazine. Retrieved May 26, 2014, from http://www.mddionline.com/article/acrylic-polymers-clear-focus
- AtomV-2100G Infant Incubator-Service manual (2004). Atom Medical Corporation, 7., undefined, undefined
- Thomas K.A. and Burr R. (1999)., Original Article Preterm Infant Thermal Care: Differing Thermal Environments., Journal of Perinatology, 19(4), 264-270.
- Ginalski M.K., Nowak A.J. and Wrobel L.C. (2007)., A combined study of heat and mass transfer in an infant incubator with an overhead screen., Med. Eng. Phys., 29(5), 531-541.
- http://www.atmet.com/images/Atmet-7530-Automotive-Microcontrollers-Atmega48-ATmega88-ATmega168_ Datasheet.pdf 08 Jan 2017, undefined, undefined
- http://ardurino-info.wikispace.com/DHT11-Humidity-TempSensor 08 Jan 2017, undefined, undefined
- circuits4you (2017)., HX711 Load Cell Amplifier Interface with Arduino., http://circuits4you.com/2016/11/25/hx711-arduino-load-cell/ 08 Jan 2017