Analysis of ground water quality: a review
- 1Environmental Research Laboratory, P.G. Deptt. of Botany and Environmental Science, Govt Science College (Autonomous), Jabalpur, MP, India
- 2Environmental Research Laboratory, P.G. Deptt. of Botany and Environmental Science, Govt Science College (Autonomous), Jabalpur, MP, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 7, Issue (5), Pages 69-71, May,22 (2018)
Water is a vital resource for human survival. The availability of good quality water is an indispensable feature for preventing diseases and improving quality of life. It is necessary to know details about different physico-chemical parameters such as colour, temperature, Total hardness, pH, sulphate, chloride, DO, BOD, COD, alkalinity used for testing of water quality. The objective of this paper is to various pollutants available in underground by literature review.
- Gorde S.P. and Jadhav M.V. (2013)., Assessment of water quality parameters: a review., Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 3(6), 2029-2035.
- Kavitha R. and Elangovan K. (2010)., Ground water quality characteristics at Erode district, Tamilnadu India., International Journal of Environmental Sciences, 1(2), 145.
- Dohare D., Deshpande S. and Kotiya A. (2014)., Analysis of ground water quality parameters: a Review., Research journal of Engineering sciences, 3(5), 26-31.
- Bagde N. (2016)., Ground water quality assessment and its impact with special reference to Chhindwara District of Madhya Pradesh, India., International J. of Life Sciences, 4(1), 116-120.
- Mohiuddin M. (2015)., Assessment of ground water quality in Gokunda Taluka Kinwat of Nanded District, Maharashtra (India)., International Recognized Double-Blind Peer Reviewed Multidisciplinary Research Journal, 2(12).
- Sathisha N.S., Kumara V. and Puttaiah E.T. (2005)., Physico-Chemical Properties of Ground Waters in and Around Chikmagalur Taluk, Karnataka State., Environment and Ecology, 23(3), 507-509.
- Adeyemi O., Oloyede O.B. and Oladiji A.T. (2007)., Physicochemical and microbial characteristics of leachate-contaminated groundwater., Asian J. Biochem, 2(5), 343-348.
- Mishra A. and Bhatt V. (2008)., Physico-chemical and microbiological analysis of underground water in VV Nagar and Nearby Places of Anand District, Gujarat, India., Journal of Chemistry, 5(3), 487-492.
- Tyagi S., Sharma B., Singh P. and Dobhal R. (2013)., Water quality assessment in terms of water quality index., American Journal of Water Resources, 1(3), 34-38.
- Kumar M. and Kumar R. (2013)., Assessment of physico-chemical properties of ground water in Granite Mining Areas in Goramachia, Jhansi, UP, India., International Research Journal of Environment Sciences, 2(1), 19-24.
- Kushtagi S. and Srinivas P. (2011)., Studies on water quality index of ground water of Aland Taluka, Gulbarga District, Karnataka., International journal of applied biology and pharmaceutical technology, 2(4).
- Amaliya N.K. and Kumar Sugirtha P. (2013)., Carried out ground water quality status by water quality index method at Kanyakumari (India).,
- Rajankar P. (2013)., Assessment of Ground Water Quality using water quality index (WQI) in Wardha Maharashtra., Journal of Environmental Science and Sustainability, NEERI, 1(2), 49-54.
- Elangovan K. (2014)., Carried out characteristics of tube well water for district Erode (India)., International Journal of Environmental science, 1(2).