Energy audit and conservation measures - a case study of University Hostels, Kurukshetra, India
- 1Institute of Environmental Studies, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra India
- 2Institute of Environmental Studies, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra India
- 3Institute of Environmental Studies, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 7, Issue (5), Pages 50-56, May,22 (2018)
Energy generation and use are the deciding factors for the economic growth of a developing country. Energy conservation is the best way to fulfill the rapidly raising energy demands in India. Energy conservation can be done by energy audit where the detailed analysis of an organization is done and the areas are then identified where the energy conservation possibilities can be identified. In this case study, an analysis was carried out on the energy consumption of various electrical appliances in hostels of a university campus. The observations show that by minimizing the wastage of energy by electrical appliances such as fans, tube lights, refrigerators and geysers when not in use, around Rs 4.5lakh/- per annum can be saved. Remarkable electricity savings can also be achieved by replacing the existing electrical appliances with energy efficient appliances.
- All India Installed Capacity Report (2017), Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, New Delhi., undefined, undefined
- India Energy Outlook (2015)., World Energy Outlook Special Report., International Energy Agency, France.
- Ramya L.N. and Femina M.A. (2014)., Energy Auditing “A Walk-Through Survey., International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 3(2), 406-411.
- Getu B. and Attia H. (2016)., Electricity Audit and Reduction of Consumption: Campus Case Study., International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 11(6), 4423-4427.
- Kumar S. and Kaur T. (2013)., Energy Audit: A Case Study., International Journal of Research in Management, Science & Technology, 1(1), 28-32.
- Sharma P., Charate P., Satone N. and Singare A. (2014)., Energy conservation in air conditioning: A case study of hospital analysis of energy saving techniques for air conditioners., International Journal of Industrial Electronics and Electrical Engineering, 2(4), 56-59.
- Parthe S.P. and Kompeli S. (2015)., Energy Audit and Conservation Tool for Energy Efficiency., International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2(8), 747-751.
- Baskar R.H., Mittal H., Narkhede M.S. and Chatterji S. (2014)., Energy Audit – A case study., International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 4(1), 73-78.
- Talwar M. (2016)., Case Study: Energy Audit., International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 3(1), 159-163.
- Lamba M.K. and Sanghi A. (2015)., Energy Audit on Academic Building., International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science, 3(4), 600-604.
- Bhandari T., Thosar A.G., Bachawad M.R. and Bhakre P. (2016)., Energy Audit: A Case Study of an Academic Building., International Journal of Industrial Electronics and Electrical Engineering, 4(11), 53-57.