Loss of plant bio-diversity in Bundu, Ranchi District, Jharkhand, India
- 1Department of Botany, Nirmala College, Ranchi-834002, Jharkhand, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 7, Issue (5), Pages 72-74, May,22 (2018)
Ranchi is located at the longitude of 85.32 and latitude of 23.35. The present study shows that there was change of 23.90 percent in the population compared to population as per 2001. Bundu is a town, in Ranchi district in the state of Jharkhand, India. Area of Bundu is 264.19 Sq. Km. Itís Population is 72073. (According to Primary Census Abstract Source: 2001 Census). It is located on National Highway-33 between Ranchi and Jamshedpur and blessed with all the natural beauties. It is surrounded by mountains and forest. The study reveals that rapid growth and development has put severe pressure on agricultural land and forest in many area of Bundu. Deforestation is the permanent destruction of indigenous forests and woodlands. Due to unplanned deforestation had resulted in loss of many medicinally important plants in Bundu area. The eco-biological study of Bundu area revealed forest resources are decreasing year by year due to human activities. It was concluded that aforestation programme followed by proper protection is need of time. Government policy should be implemented strictly.
- Song W.X. (2004)., Influences of Expressway Construction and Environmental Protection of Natural Conservation Zone., J Henan U Sci Technol (Natural Science), 25(6), 58-61.
- Pimm S.L., Russell G.J., Gittleman J.L. and Brooks T.M. (1995)., The future of biodiversity., Science, 269, 347-350.
- Su F.Y. and Li Y.K. (2005)., Highway Construction Influence to Natural Protection Area and Related Measures., Modern Transport Technol, 2(3), 78-80.
- Angold P.G. (1997)., The impact of a road upon adjacent heathland vegetation: effects on species composition., J. Appl. Ecol., 34, 409-417.
- Gen P.X. (2001)., Ecotourism and the Building of Nature Reserves., Areal. Res. Dev., 20(3), 79-87.
- Duan XX (2005)., Study about the agricultural sustainable development in natural preservation zone., Sichuan Forest Explor. Des., 7(2), 21-24.
- Huang T. and Hu J. (2007)., Relationship between Construction of Nature Reserves and Community Development., Rural Econ., (5), 40-42.
- Putz F.e., Redf ord K.h., Robinson J.g., Fimbel R. and Bla te G.m. (2000)., Biodiversity Conservation in the Context of Tropical Forest Management., The World Bank Environmental Department, Washington DC.
- Heilman G.E., Stritthold Jr. J.R., Slosser N.C. and Dellasala D.A. (2002)., Forest fragmentation of the conterminous United States: assessing forest intactness through road density and spatial characteristics., Bioscience, 52, 411-422.
- Pimm S.L., Jenkins C.N., Abell R., Brooks T.M., Gittleman J.L., Joppa L.N. and Sexton J.O. (2014)., The biodiversity of species and their rates of extinction, distribution, and protection., Science, 344(6187), 1246752.
- Alroy J. (2017)., Effects of habitat disturbance on tropical forest biodiversity., Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 114, 6056-6061.
- Davalos L.M., Sanchez K.M. and Armenteras D. (2016)., Deforestation and coca cultivation rooted in twentieth-century development projects., Bioscience, 66, 974-982.
- Brooks T. and Balmford A. (1996)., Atlantic forest extinctions., Nature, 380, 115.