Compliance of ponds water quality towards mathematical modules
- 1Department of Chemistry, S.M.W. College, Lohta, Varanasi, UP, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 6, Issue (8), Pages 39-42, August,22 (2017)
Mathematicians have successfully proposed different mathematical modules for calculate the water quality of various water reservoirs. On these modules basis the water reservoirs may be categorically classified and the may be assigned for different purposes. Not only this, the nature of the catchment area of the water reservoirs may also be assessed. The water quality of five selected ponds in Varanasi has been subjected to different modules. It has been observed that ponds with identical catchment area follow one mathematical modules and show ponds water contains usable quality which are useful for anthropogenic purpose while other ponds water quality disagreeable and reject able.
- Diersing Nancy (2009)., Water Quality: Frequently Asked Questions. Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, Key West, FL.,
- Johnson D.L, Ambrose S.H, Bassett T.J., Bowen M.L., Crummey D.E., Isaacson J.S., Johnson D.N., Lamb P, Saul M. and Winter- Nelson A.E. (1997)., Meaning of Environmental terms., Journal of Environmental quality, 26(3), 581-589.
- Hulya B. (2009)., Utilization of the Water Quality Index Method as a Classification Tool., Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 167(1-4), 115-124.
- Jagadeeswari P.B. and Ramesh K. (2012)., Water Quality Index for Assessment of Water Quality in South Chennai Coastal Aquifer, Tamil Nadu, India., International Journal of Chem. Tech Research, 4(4), 1582-1388.
- Clesceri L.S., Arnold E., Greenbery and Andrew D. (1998)., Standard method for the examination of water and wast water (APHA)., 20th Edition American water works Association (AWWA) and Water pollution control Feredation (WPCF).
- Brown R.M., Mc Clelland N.I., Deininger R.A. and Connor M.F.O. (1972)., Water Quality Index–Crashing, The Psychological Barrier., Proc. 6th Annual Conference and Advances in water pollution research, 787-797.
- Chattterjee C. and Raziuddin M. (2002)., Determination of Water Quality Index of a degraded river in Asanol Industrial area (West Bengal)., Nature, Environment and Pollution Technology, 1(2), 181-189.
- Reddy K.R., Sacco P.D., Graetz D.A., Campbell K.L. and Sinclair L.R. (1982)., Water Treatment by Aquatic Ecosystem: Nutrient Removal by Reservoirs and Flooded Fields., J. Environmental Management, 6(3), 261-271.
- Ghosh A. and George J.P. (1989)., Studies on the Abiotic Factor and Zooplankton in a Polluted Urban Reservoir Hussain Sagar, Hyderabad : Impact on Water Quality and Embryonic Development of Fishes., Indian J. Environ Health, 31(1), 49-59.
- Swarnalatha N. and Narasingrao A. (1993)., Ecological Investigation of two Lentic Environments with Reference to Cyanobacteria and Water Pollution., Indian.J.Microbial. Ecol, 3, 41-48.
- Venkateswarlu V. (1986)., Ecological studies on the rivers of Andhra Pradesh with special reference to water quality and pollution., Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Plant Sci), 96(6), 495-508.
- Chatterjee A.A. (1992)., Water Quality of Nandakanan Lake, India., J.Environ. Hlth, 34(4), 329-333.