Assessment of wastewater from some selected locations in an around Faizpur area of Khandesh Region, MS, India
- 1School of Environmental and Earth Sciences, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon, MS, India
- 2School of Environmental and Earth Sciences, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon, MS, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 6, Issue (7), Pages 23-28, July,22 (2017)
The present study was done for the investigation of Physico-chemical parameters of wastewater from different locations of Faizpur area of khandesh region. Standard procedures were adapted to calculate Physico-chemical properties in wastewater samples. The wastewater characteristics was analyzed for various water qualities like pH, TDS, TSS, Conductivity, Total Hardness, Salinity, etc. The results obtain from the study were compared with BIS standards to check out their pollution level. Elements and their impacts on human health was discussed. Effect of wastewater shows that most of the parameters were much higher compare to the standards. Hence, the flow of these wastewater into the river cause a serious pollution problem in an around Faizpur area of Khandesh region. Wastewater should not be disposed into the nalla of Faizpur directly or be used as irrigation water for agriculture.
- Tyagi P., Buddi D., Chowdary R. and Sawhney R. (2000)., Physicochemical quality of Ground water in industrial areas of India., Pollut. Res., 19, 443-445.
- Yanggen D.A. and Born S.M. (1990)., Protecting ground water quality by managing local land use., J. Soil Water Conser., 45(2), 207-210.
- Zhang Y.L., Dai J.L., Wang R.Q. and Zhang J. (2008)., Effects of long-term sewage irrigation on agricultural soil microbial structural and functional characterizations in Shandong, China., Eur. J. Soil Biol.
- APHA (2000)., Standard methods for analysis of water and waste water., American public Health Associated. Washington, D.C., 1110-2420.
- Jogi R.D., Wani P.P., Kulkarni M.N. and Thorat S.R. (2013)., Study of Limno-chemistry river Godavari in Nashik with reference to Zooplankton., International J. of Research in Social Sciences, 3(1), 253-262.
- Jayabhaye U.M., Pentewar M.S. and Hiware C.J. (2006)., A Study on Physico- Chemical Parameters of a Minor Reservoir, Sawana, Hingoli District, Maharashtra., J. Aqua. Biol., 21(2), 123-128.
- Salve V.B. and Hiware C.J. (2008)., Study on water quality of Wanparakalpa reservoir Nagpur, Near ParliVaijnath, District Beed. Marathwada region., J. Aqua. Biol., 21(2), 113-117.
- Gaikwad S.R., Thorat S.R. and T.P. Chavan (2004)., Phytoplankton and zooplankton diversity with respect to pollution starts of river Tapi in North Maharashtra Region., J. of Current sciences, 5(2), 749-754.
- Krishnan Radha R., Dharmaraj K. and Kumari Ranjitha B.D. (2007)., A comparative study on the physicochemical and bacterial analysis of drinking, bore well and sewage water in the three different places of Sivakasi., J. of Environ. Biol., 28(1), 105-108.
- Sheejan P.G., Kulkarni M.N. and Thorat S.R. (2012)., Study of Zooplankton of River Tapi Relation to Pollution from Bhusawal Taluka Dist. Jalgaon, MS, India., International J. of Environmental Sciences, 3(3), 317-322. ISSN0976-4534
- Chavan T.P., Kakade Harshad R. and Thorat S.R. (2015)., Photo-Catalytic Technological Aspect Used in Industrial Wastewater Treatment Process., International Journal in Management and Social Sciences, 03(2), 473-477.
- Chaudhari R.T., Kakade Harshad R. and Thorat S.R. (2015)., Effect of Cadmium Chloride on the Biochemical Characteristics of Fresh Water Fish., International Journal in Management and Social Sciences, 03(3), 85-89.
- Chavan T.P., Dandge K.P. and Thorat Sanjaykumar R. (2013)., Study on Hydrobiological Chemistry of Surface and Ground Water Quality in Yavatmal City., J. of Aquatic Biology, 63-66.
- Sheejan P.G. and Thorat S.R. (2013)., Impact of Phytoplanktonic Community in River Waghur Relation to Pollution of Kandhesh Region., International Journal on Agricultural Sciences, 4(3-4), 107-116.
- Chaudhari R.T., Deshmukh S.A., Wakode A.V., Kulkarni M.N. and Thorat S.R. (2013)., Impact of Sant Muktabai Festival on Water Qualities in Stretch of River Tapi at Muktainagar, MS, India., International Journal of Physical and Social Sciences, 3(4), 446-454.
- Dubey Savita (2013)., Analysis of Physico chemical parameters of Kshipra river water at Ujjain, India., Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., 2(7), 1-4.
- Gaikwad S.R. and Thorat S.R. (2006)., Study of selected heavy metals a residential area nearby Tapi River., Bull. Env. Sci., 4, 71-75.
- Gaikwad V.B. and Gunale V.R. (2001)., Water quality monitoring of Godavari river in and around Nashik region., J. Hydrobiologia, 1-20.
- Chavan T.P. and Throat Sanjaykumar R. (2013)., Study on Physico-Chemical Properties with Coefficient and Correlation with Ground Water Quality at Yavatmal, Ms, India., International Journal of Physical and Social Sciences, 3(1), 256-262.
- Ingole S.P., Chavan Arvind and Dhote J.D. (2013)., Study of Physico chemical parameters of wastewater from some selected locations on Amba nalla, Amravati., Indian Journal of Applied Research, 3(8), 311-314.