Hydro biological studies of surface and ground water of the Indore city; a Comprehensive Review
- 1College of Professional Studies, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam University, Indore, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 6, Issue (6), Pages 29-31, June,22 (2017)
Water is a precious commodity. Hydrobiology deals with the details of various forms of aquatic life such as algae Phytoplankton, zooplanktons, fishes and other groups of living organisms. Water resource is an essential ingredient for human survival. The availability of safe drinking water is important for proper growth of human being. The consumption and utilization of water resources raise some environmental issues. The major one is how far the quality of water used for domestic purpose is safe. Secondly, how the country\'s water resources will meet the demand of rapidly growing population. The first issue is a major environmental problem causing serious human suffering, as maximum percentage of water used for drinking and domestic purpose is unsafe for human consumption. The study of surface and ground water of the Indore city is integral to the present research, a comprehensive review of research works on such components in different parts of the world was essential.
- Krishnan J. (2008)., Investigation on hydrobiology and water Quality parameters of periyar lake, Thekkady, kerala., thesis submitted to Mahatma gandhi university, kerala
- World Health Organization (1993)., Guidelines for drinking water quality-I, Recommendations, 2nd Ed., Geneva.
- Srivastava G.K. and Singh B.B. (1995)., Evaluated physicochemical characteristics of Ami river water., Pollut. Res., 1995, 14(4), 503-506.
- Venkata M.S. and Reddy J.S. (1995)., Assessed the overall water quality of Tirupati., Pollut. Res., 14(3), 275-282.
- Malik A., Qadri Shafat A., Musarrat Javed and Ahmad Masood (1995)., Water quality of river Ganga at Fatehgarh and Kannauj U.P., India., Environ. Toxicol. Water Qual., 10(2), 91-95.
- Ahmad I. and Jain P. (1996)., Pollution load assessment of Kerwan Dam water at Bhopal during pre-monsoon season Orient., J. Chem., 12(3), 329-331.
- Chaudhary A., Salam A., Ansari T.M. and Nadeem S. (1999)., Studies on the effect of seasonal variations on physical and chemical characteristics of Indus River Water., J. Pure and Appl. Sci., 17, 26-33.
- Aggarwal S.G., Chandrawanshi C.K., Patel R.M., Agarwal S., Kamavisdar A. and Mundhara G.L. (2001)., Acidification of surface water in central India., Water Air Soil Pollut., 130(1-4), 855-862.
- Nayar R. and Tiwari D. (2008)., Studied the physicochemical characteristics of ground water of Korba city, chhattisgarh, India., Curr. World Environ., 3(1), 175- 180.
- Tiwari S.N., Bhattacharya S. and Kumar P. (2002)., Comparative assessment of drinking water quality of residential colony and some other selected sources in the municipal corporation of Ranchi., Indian J Environ. Prot., 22(9), 978-985.
- Chandel C.P. and Sharma S. (2008)., Studies on physico chemical parameters of groundwater of Sambher block of Jaipur District., J. Pollution research, 27, 671-677.
- Dhakad N.K. and Chaudhary P. (2005)., Hydro biological study of Natnagra pond in Dhar district (M.P.) with special reference to water quality impact on potability, irrigation and aquaculture., Nature Env. Polln. Techno, 4(2), 269-272
- Singh R.P. and Mathur P. (2005)., Investigation of variations in physico-chemical characteristics of a fresh water reservoir of Ajmer city, Rajasthan., Indian J Environ Sci, 9(1), 57-61.
- Sharma S., Vishwakarma R., Dixit S. and Jain P. (2011)., Evaluation of Water Quality of Narmada River with reference to Physcochemical Parameters at Hoshangabad city, MP, India., Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, 1(3), 40-48. ISSN 2231-606X.
- Lomate V. and Samant J. (2005)., Drinking water pollution – a case study of Kolhapur city., Nature Env Polln Techno, 4(2), 217-222.
- Nayak B.K., Acharya B.C., Panda U.C., Nayak B.B. and Acharya S.K. (2004)., Variation of water quality in Chilka lake, Orissa., Indian J Marine Sci, 33(2), 164-169.
- Rao Nageswara V.V. and Prapurna N. (2005)., Statistical analysis of ground water quality parameters in an industrial area of Hyderabad., Nature Env Polln Techno, 4(1), 139- 142.
- Kataria H.C. (1995)., Turbidity measurement in groundwater of Bhopal city., J Nature Conservators, 7, 79-82.
- Sharma S. and Mathur R. (1995)., Seasonal changes in groundwater quality in Gwalior: health risk assessment., Poll. Res., 14(4): 373-376
- Pande N. and Singh B.C. (1996)., Trace metals in drinking water from different sources in port city of Paradeep., Indian J Environ Prot, 16(11), 824-827.
- Owen R.B., Renaut R.W., Hover V.C., Ashley G.M. and Muasya A.M. (2004)., Swamps, springs and diatoms: wetlands of the semi-arid Bogoria-Baringo Rift, Kenya., Hydrobiologia, 518, 59-78.
- Halvorsen G. (2004)., Some physical and chemical characteristics of Lake Atnsjoen., Hydrobiologia, 521, 129-140.
- Ojha P. and Mandloi A.K. (2004)., Diurnal variation of pH in freshwater fish culture pond., Ecol., Env. and Cons., 10, 85-86.
- Radhika C.G., Mini I. and Gangadevi T. (2004)., Studies on abiotic parameters of a tropical fresh water lake – Vellayani Lake, Trivandrum, Kerala., Poll. Res, 23, 49- 63.
- Garg V.K., Gupta R., Goel S., Taneja M. and Khurana B. (2007)., Assessment of underground drinking water quality in eastern part of Hisar., Indian J. of Env. Prot., 20(6), 407-412.
- Mishra N.K. and Sahoo H.K. (2003)., Evaluation of groundwater quality in the around Deogarh., Indian Journal Environmental Protection, 23(6), 667-672.
- Mor S., Bishnoi M.S. and Bishnoi N.R. (2003)., Assessment of groundwater quality of Jind., Indian Journal Environmental Protection, 23(6), 673-679.
- Garg V.K., Dahiya S., Chaudhary A. and Shikha D. (1998)., Fluoride distribution in groundwater of Jind district, Haryana, India., Eco. Env. Cons., 4(12), 19-23.
- Hussain I., Hussain J. and Dhinsa S.S. (2005)., Studied groundwater quality variation in Bhilwara district. Rajasthan., Pollut Res, 24(3), 723-725.
- Murhekar Gopalkrishna H. (2011)., Determination of physico-chemical parameters of surface water samples in and around Akot City., International Journal of Research in Chemistry and Environment, 1(2), 183-187.
- ICMR. (1975)., Indian Council of Medical Research. Manual of Standards of quality of drinking water supplies., 2nd ed., Special Report, Series No. 44, New Delhi.