Studies on defluoridation of groundwater by aluminium modified bentonite clay, as a potential adsorbent
- 1PG & Research Department of Chemistry, Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy – 620020, Tamilnadu, India
- 2PG & Research Department of Chemistry, Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy – 620020, Tamilnadu, India
- 3Department of Chemistry, K. Ramakrishnan College of Technology, Trichy – 621112, Tamilnadu, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 6, Issue (3), Pages 50-57, March,22 (2017)
The aim of this present study is targeted to decide the fluoride removal capacity of Aluminium modified bentonite (Al-bent) clay as well asbentonite (bent) clay material. The bentonite clay was collected and dried in an oven at 1200C for 24hrs. The Al-Bent clay was prepared by 300ml of 10% solution of Al2SO4.18H2O was mixed with 500 gram of bentonite clay and dried in an oven at 120&
- THY Tebbutt (1983)., Relationship between natural water quality and health., Technical documents in hydrology, United Nations Educational, Scientific and cultural organization, Paris.1-31
- Kantharaja D.C., Lakkundi T.K., Basavanna M. and Manjappa S. (2012)., Spatial analysis of fluoride concentration in groundwaters of shivani watershed area, Karnataka state, South India, through Geospatial information system., Environ Earth Sci., 65(1), 67-76.
- Viero A.P., Roisenberg C., Roisenberg A. and Vigo A. (2009)., The Origin of Fluoride in the Granitic Aquifer of Porto Alegre, Southern Brazil., Environ Geol. 56(8), 1707-1719.
- Meenakshi and Maheswari R.C. (2006)., Fluoride in drinking water and its removal., J. Hazard. Mater. 137(1), 456-463.
- Tor Ali (2006)., Removal of fluoride from an aqueous solution by using Montmorillonite., Desalination, 201(1-3),267-276.
- Yakout S.M, Daifullah A.A.M and Elreefy S.A. (2007)., Adsorption of fluoride in aqueous solution using KMnO4-modified Activated Carbon derived from steam Pyrolysis of Rice Straw., J. Hazard. Mater., 147(1), 633-643.
- Bhtnagar A., Kumar E., Kumar U. and Sillanpa N. (2011)., Defluoridation from aqueous solutions by Nano-Alumina: Characterization and sorption studies., J. Hazard. Mater., 186(2), 1042-1049.
- WHO (2004)., Guidelines for drinking water quality., Geneva, World Health Organization.
- Mohapata M., Annad S. and Mishra B.K. (2009)., Review of fluoride removal from drinking water., J. Environ. Management, 91(1), 67-77.
- Yadav A.K., Kausik C.P., Haritash A.K., Kansal A. and Rani N. (2006)., Defluoridation of groundwater using brick powder as an adsorbent., J. Hazard. Mater, 128(2), 289-293.
- Majima T. and Takatsuki H. (1987)., Fluoride removal from smoke-washing wastewater by using CaF2 separating method., Water Purification of Liq. Waste Treatment, 28(7), 433-443.
- Karthikayen G, Pius Anitha and Alagumuthu G. (2005)., Fluoride adsorption studies of Montmorillonite clay., Indian J. Chem. Tech, 12, 263-272.
- Murugan M. and Subramanian E. (2006)., Studies on Defluoridation of water by Tamarind seed, an unconventional biosorbent., J. Water Health, 4(4), 453-461.
- Nagappa B. and Chandrappa G.T. (2007)., Mesoporous Nano crystalline magnesium oxide for environmental remediation., Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 106(1), 212-218.
- Zhou D., Zhang L. and Guo S. (2005)., Mechanism of Lead biosorption on cellulose/chitin beads., Water Res. 39(16), 3755-3762.
- Kumar Ravi A. (2015)., Assessment of fluoride in Groundwater and its correlation with other water Quality Parameters of TiruchengodeBlock, Namakkal District, Tamilnadu, India., (Unpublished Doctoral dissertation) Jamal Mohamed College, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu, India, 188.