Study of Tail Gas Treatment in Dariba Lead Smelter
- 1Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology, C-4, Janakpuri, New Delhi, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 6, Issue (2), Pages 59-61, February,22 (2017)
The off gas treatment plant treats the off-gas from the blast furnace, fuming furnace, dross reverberatory, and primary furnace. The total handling capacity is 126168.07m3/h, SO2 density: 0.054%.The off-gas volume of blast furnace is 54920m3/h and fuming furnace is 39735m3/h while the dross reveberatory furnace is 7168 m3/h. The off-gas produced from primary furnace for acid-making is 24345.07m3/h. Zinc oxide scrubbing technology is adopted to treat the off gas. The discharged ZnSO4 solution is 1.5m3/h and the content of ZnSO4 is 112.5g/l. The removed SO2 is 57.41m3/h and the efficiency is 85%.The SO2 in the discharged air is &
- Primary Metals: Lead Processing (2011)., Illinois Sustainable Technology Center, Prairie Research Institute., Accessed on August 31, 2011.
- Roberts H. (2003)., Changing Patterns in Global Lead Supply and Demand., Journal of Power Sources, 116(1-2), 23-31.
- Rodriguez A., Jirsak T. and Dvorak J. (1999)., Chemistry of thiophene on ZnO, S/ZnO, and Cs/ZnO surfaces: Effects of cesium on desulfurization processes., J. Phys. Chem. B, 103(26), 5550-5559.
- Rodriguez J.A., Jirsak T., Chaturvedi S. and Kuhn M. (1999)., Reaction of SO 2 with ZnO (0001̄)ľO and ZnO powders: photoemission and XANES studies on the formation of SO 3 and SO 4, , Surf. Sci. 442(3), 400-412.
- Richards J.R. (1995)., Control of Particulate Emissions (APTI Course 413)., U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Richards J.R. (1995)., Control of Gaseous Emissions. (APTI Course 413)., U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.