Ichthyofaunal Diversity of Komo River, tributary of Alima River, Congo Brazzaille
- 1Laboratory of Animal Biology and Ecology Research, Superior Normal School, University Marien Ngouabi, PoB 69 Brazzaville, Congo
- 2Laboratory of Animal Biology and Ecology Research, Superior Normal School, University Marien Ngouabi, PoB 69 Brazzaville, Congo and Faculty of Sciences and Techniques, University Marien Ngouabi, PoB 69 Brazzaville, Congo
- 3Laboratory of Animal Biology and Ecology Research, Superior Normal School, University Marien Ngouabi, PoB 69 Brazzaville, Congo and Faculty of Sciences and Techniques, University Marien Ngouabi, PoB 69 Brazzaville, Congo
- 4Faculty of Sciences and Techniques, University Marien Ngouabi, PoB 69 Brazzaville, Congo
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 5, Issue (9), Pages 1-9, September,22 (2016)
The fish fauna of the right bank of Congo River was little known, but the investigations were currently underway. They aimed to take stock of the different streams of Congo Brazzaville. A study of the fish fauna of the Komo River was conducted in two stations using gill nets, and nets.86 species grouped in 44 genera, 20 families and 9 orders were identified. Osteoglossiformes was the most represented order with 31%. The Mormyridae was the most represented family with 26%of species. Xenomystus nigri was the most abundant species (13%) in station 1; the two most abundant species in station 2 were Phenacogrammus interruptus (34.8%) and Alestopetersius hilgendorphi (33.2%). The Shannon index was high in both stations, the settlement of the station 1 was balanced with a value of equitability greater than 0.8. On the contrary, equitability value was 0.6 in station 2, proof of an unbalanced population.
- Groom M.J., Meffe G.K. and Caroll C.R. (2006)., Principles of Conservation Biology., 3ed. Sinauer Associates, Sunderland, MA. 124.
- Tiwari R.N. (2011)., Assessment of groundwater quality and pollution potential of Jawa Block Rewa District, Madhya Pradesh, India., Proc. Int. Academy of Ecology and Environmental Sciences, 1(3-4), 202-212.
- Hamzah N. (2007)., Assessment on water quality and biodiversity within Sungai Batu Pahat., M.phil thesis, University Teknologi Malaysia, 124.
- Mohan V.C., Sharma K.K., Sharma A. and Watts P. (2013)., The Study of Ichthyofaunal Diversity of Chenani Hydroelectric Reservoir, Udhampur (J&K) India., Res. J. Animal, Veterinary and Fishery Sci., 1(3),14-15.
- Gohil Mahendrasinh N. and Mankodi Pradeep C. (2013)., Diversity of Fish Fauna from Downstream Zone of River Mahisagar, Gujarat State, India., Int. Res. J. Environment Sci. 2(6), 8-12.
- Pellegrin J. (1930)., Fishes of Ogooué, Kouilou, Alima and Sangha collected by A. Baudon, Description of five species and five new varieties., Bull. Soc. Zool . Fr., 55, 196-210.
- Daget J. and Stauch A. (1963)., Fishes of the right bank of the Middle Congo., Mission A. Stauch (February-April 1961). Bull. Inst. Rech.Sci./Congo, 2, 41-48.
- Teugels G.G. and Guegan J.F. (1994)., Biological diversity of freshwater fish of Lower Guinea and Central Africa., Teugels G. G., Guegan J. F. and Albaret J.J., Biodiversity of freshwater fish and brackish African M.R.A.C., Tervuren, Belgium, Annales Sciences Zoologiques, 272, 67-85.
- Laraque A., Pouyaud B., Chauffau I., Moutsambote J.M., Maziezoula B., Censier C., Elenga H., Etcheber H., Delaune M., Sondag F. and Gasse F. (1996)., The basin of the Likouala aux Herbes (Northern Congo) and his enigmatic Lac Tele, or the Lac Tele ( Northern Congo) is it of meteoritic origin? Or first study of the strange Lac Télé the heart of particular basin of the Likouala aux Herbes (Northern Congo)., AFVP, IPC, and DGRST IFRSDC, 17.
- Sullivan J.P., Lavoue S. and Friel J.P. (2002)., Discovering fishes of the Odzala National Park., Canopy, 26, 5.
- Mady-Goma Dirat I., Tsoumou A. and Vouidibio J. (2006)., Preliminary data on fish fauna of the lower Alima (Congo basin)., Mbongui, Multidisciplinary Research Journal, University Marien Ngouabi, 1(5), 39-52.
- Mamonekene V. (2006)., Fishery resources of the Community reserve of Lake Télé / Likouala Diversity and exploitation., Consultation Report, 25.
- Mady -Goma Dirat I., Mikia M., Tsoumou A., Vouidibio J. and Pandare D. (2008)., Preliminary data on fish fauna of Kintélé (Pool Malebo)., Annals of the University Marien Ngouabi, 9(4), 51-62.
- Ibala Zamba A. (2010)., Fauna of fish from rivers and Lefini Luki (Congo Basin): Diversity and Ecology., Ph.D. Thesis in Science, University of Leuven, 452.
- Mikia M., Mady-Goma Dirat I., Tsoumou A., Mabanza J., Vouidibio J. and Diatewa M. (2013)., Preliminary Data on the Ichtyofaun of Djiri River (Affluent of right bank of Congo River)., Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., 2(10), 1-5.
- Olabi-Obath D.B.C., Mady-Goma Dirat I., Mikia M., Tsoumou A. and Vouidibio J. (2013)., Preliminary biodiversity inventory of Ichtyofaunaof Tsieme River, A tributary of Congo River (Pool-Malebo)., Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., 2(12), 1-8.
- Mady-Goma Dirat I., Mikia M., Tsoumou A., Vouidibio J. and Pandare D. (2013)., Study of ichtyofauna biodiversity of rigth bank of Pool Malebo (Congo River)., Res. J. Animal, Veterinary and Fishery Sci., 1(10), 23-25,
- Poll M. (1957)., The kinds of freshwater fishes from Africa., Annals of the Royal Museum of the Belgian Congo, Tervuren , Series 8°, Zoological Science, 54, 175.
- Poll M. (1967)., Review of african dwarf Characidae. Annals of Royal Museum of Central Africa, Tervuren, Belgium., 8° Series, Zoological Sciences,162, 157.
- Daget J., Gosse J. P. and Thys Van Den Audenaerde D.F.E. (1984)., Check-list of the freshwater fishes of Afica. . Cloffa 1., Bruxelles, MRAC (Tervuren), ORSTOM (Paris), 409.
- Daget J., Gosse J.P. and Thys Van Den Audenaerde D.F.E. (1986)., Check-list of the freshwater fishes of Africa. Cloffa 2., Bruxelles, MRA, Tervuren, ORSTOM (Paris), 520.
- Daget J., Gosse J. P. and Thys Van Den Audenaerde D.F.E. (1991)., Check-list of the freshwater fishes of Africa. Cloffa 4., Bruxelles, MRAC, Tervuren,), ORSTOM, Paris, 740.
- Paugy D. (1986)., Studies and thesis, Systematic review of african Alestes and Brycinus, Pisces, Characidae., Editions of ORSTOM, Paris, 295.
- Leveque C., Paugy D. and Teugels G.G. (1990)., Fish fauna of freshwater and brackish of West Africa., Tropical Fauna Collection, XXVIII, I, RMCA Tervuren & ORSTOM Paris, 385.
- Leveque C., Paugy D. and Teugels G.G. (1992)., Animal fish freshwater and brackish West Africa. Tropical Fauna Collection., XXVIII, II, RMCA (Tervuren) & ORSTOM Paris, 386-902.
- Mbega J.D. and Teugels G.G. (2003)., Fish identification guide of the lower basin of Ogooué., IRAF (Gabon), RMCA (Tervuren, Belgium), University Press of Namur, 13, 165.