Groundwater Quality Analysis for Drinking purpose Using GIS of Chevella Sub basin, Rangareddy District, Telangana State, India
- 1Department of Geology, Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 5, Issue (6), Pages 6-13, June,22 (2016)
About 24 water samples representing 24 villages covering 180 sq km have been collected for assessing suitability for drinking and spatial distribution which leads to enhance the knowledge of the hydro chemical system in the Chevella sub basin. Three physical constituents such as pH, TH, and TDS; consecutively in pre monsoon minimum is 7.1, 216 and 509 milligrams per liter and maximum is 8.3, 459 and 1082 milligrams per liter respectively; and maximum physical properties constituted as 8.2, 353 and 877 milligrams per liter while minimum constituted such as 7.1, 222 and 407 milligrams per liter respectively in post monsoon. Concentration of sodium in pre monsoon falls in between 63 milligrams per liter as minimum and 134 milligrams per liter as maximum. In post monsoon it varies from 56 milligrams per liter to 121 milligrams per liter. Maximum Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Chloride, Sulfates, Bi-carbonates Carbonates and Nitrates is per liter, 159.3 milligrams per liter, 0.1 milligrams per liter, 3.6 milligrams per liter respectively where as maximum constituted as 52 milligrams per liter, 121 milligrams per liter, 0.5 milligrams per liter, 1.3 milligrams per liter, 175.2 milligrams per liter, 93.5 milligrams per liter, 338.4 milligrams per liter, 1.1 milligrams per liter, 19.8 milligrams per liter respectively in post monsoon. In pre monsoon maximum Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Chloride, Sulfates, Bi-carbonates Carbonates and Nitrates is constituted as 68 milligrams per liter, 99 milligrams per liter, 0.6 milligrams per liter, 1.4 milligrams per liter, 202 milligrams per liter, 70 milligrams per liter, 175 milligrams per liter, 2.4 milligrams per liter, 20.8 milligrams per liter respectively.
- David Kaith Todd (1995)., Groundwater Hydrogeology., second edition, John Wiley, ISBN 9971-51-173-8
- Penumaka Ramesh, Srinu Naik and P Sankara Pitchaiah (2014)., Groundwater development in Chevella basin, Ranga reddy district, Andhara Pradesh, India., International Journal of Recent Trends in Science and Technology, 13(2).
- Shah S.M. and Mistry N.J. (2013)., Evaluation of Groundwater Quality and its Suitability for an Agriculture use in, District Vadodara, Gujarat, India., Research Journal of Engineering Sciences, 2(11), 1-5
- A. Narsimha, et al, (2012)., Groundwater Quality and its Suitability for Drinking and Agricultural Purpose around Chityal Area, Nalgonda District, Andhra Pradesh, India., Water Research & Development, 2(3), 68-75
- Deshpande S.M. and Aher K.R. (2012)., Evaluation of Groundwater Quality and its Suitability for Drinking and Agriculture use in Parts of Vaijapur, District Aurangabad, MS, India., Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, 2(1), 25-31
- M. Prakash and Y.Guruprasad (2014)., Study on Hydrochemical Studies in Nellore district., International Journal of Scientific Research and Education, 2(3), 368-386
- S.K. Nag and Shreya Das (2014)., Groundwater quality for irrigation and domestic purposes – a GIS based case study of Suri I and II blocks, Birbhum district, West Bengal, India., International Journal of Advancement in Earth and Environmental Sciences, 2(1), 25-38
- Chadetrik Rout and Arabinda Sharma (2011)., Assessment of drinking water quality: A case study of Ambala cantonment area, Haryana, India., International Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2(2)
- M.S. Islam and S. Z. K. M. Shamsad (2009)., Assessment of irrigation water quality of Bogra district in Bangladesh., Bangladesh J. Agril. Res., 34(4), 597-608, December 2009.
- Godbole Mahendra T. and Patode H.S., Evaluation of Groundwater Quality and its Suitability for Drinking and Agricultural use in and around Hingoli Region, Maharashtra, India., American International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences.
- Priya Kanwar and Pragya Khanna (2014)., Appraisal of ground water quality for irrigation in outer plains of kathua district, J&K, India., International Journal of Geology, Earth & Environmental Sciences, 4(3) September-December, 74-80
- K. Srinivasa Reddy (2013)., Assessment of groundwater quality for irrigation of Bhaskar Rao Kunta watershed, Nalgonda District, India., International National Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, 5(7), 418-425.
- M.R. El.Tahlawi, M.A. Mohamed, G.Y. Boghdadi, R.E. Rabeiy and H.A. Saleem (2014)., Groundwater Quality Assessment to Estimate its Suitability for Different Uses in Assiut Governorate, Egypt., International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), 3(5).
- T. Subramani et al (2005)., Groundwater quality and its suitability for drinking and agricultural use in Chithar River Basin., Tamil Nadu, India. Environ Geol, 47, 1099–1110
- Raihan F. and J.B. Alam (2008)., Assessment of groundwater quality in Sunamganj of Bangladesh., j. environ. Health. sci. eng., 5(3), 155-166
- Sisir Kanti Nag and Anindita Lahiri (2012)., Hydrochemical characteristics of groundwater for domestic and irrigation purposes in Dwarakeswar sub basin area, India., American Journal of Climate change, 1, 217-230
- Balachandar D. Sundararaj P., Rutharvel Murthy K. and Kumaraswamy K. (2010)., An Investigation of Groundwater Quality and Its Suitability to Irrigated Agriculture in Coimbatore District, Tamil Nadu, India - A GIS Approach., International Journal of Jnvironmental Sciences, 1(2)
- Sadashivaiah C.R., Ramakrishnaiah and G. Ranganna (2008)., Hydrochemical Analysis and Evaluation of Groundwater Quality in Tumkur Taluk, Karnataka State, India., International Journal of Environmental Research on Public Health, 5(3), 158-164
- Sultan Singh, Prem Singh, Rajesh Kumar and Sunita Saharan (2012)., Groundwater Quality Analysis of Safidon and Julana Blocks of District Jind, Haryana, India., Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 4, 39-47.
- Yogesh Patel and Dr. G.P. Vadodaria (2015)., Hydro-Chemical Analysis of Groundwater Quality for Irrigation of Mehsana District, Gujarat State, India., International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 4(2).
- Narsimha A., Geetha S., Sudarshan. V, Swathi P. and Srinivasulu. P (2012)., Physico-chemical analysis of drinking water quality in Hanamkonda area, Warangal District, Andhra Pradesh, India., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 4(9), 4255-4259
- Shah S.M. and Mistry N.J. (2013)., Groundwater Quality Assessment for Irrigation Use in Vadodara District, Gujarat, India, , World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology., International Journal of Biological, Biomolecular, Agricultural, Food and Biotechnological Engineering, 7(7).
- Tripathi C.N. and Bhawna Thawkar (2013)., Ground Water Quality Assessment for Agricultural and Domestic Purposes in Hindustan College of Science and Technology Campus Farah Mathura, India., International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), 2(4).
- Obiefuna G.I. and Sheriff A. (2011)., Assessment of Shallow Ground Water Quality of Pindiga Gombe Area, Yola Area, NE, Nigeria for Irrigation and Domestic Purposes., Research Journal of Environmental and Earth Sciences, 3(2), 131-141.