Physico-chemical Analysis of Sewage and Well Water of Ahmednagar City, Maharashatra, India
- 1Department of Chemistry, New Arts Commerce and Science College, Ahmednagar, Maharashatra, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 5, Issue (2), Pages 12-18, February,22 (2016)
In present investigation physico-chemical analysis of sewage and well water of Ahmednagar (Maharashatra) city was done. Samples were collected from different localities of the city during the year 2013. The results of current investigations reveal that all the study parameters are more than reference range of water quality for irrigation. This suggests that the sewage water needs a pretreatment before its usage for irrigation
- Chauhan R.K. (2014)., Physicochemical Analysis ofuntreated Seawage Water of Ladwa town of Kurukshetradistrict of Haryana and need of waste water treatmentplant, Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci., 3(3), 326-333.
- Singh S. and Singh K.N. (2010)., PhysicochemicalAnalysis of seawage discharged into Varuna river atVaranasi, curr. World Env., 5(1), 201-203
- Rathore D.S., Rai N. and Ashiya P. (2014)., PhysicochemicalAnalysis of Water of Ayad river at Udaipur,Rajsthan (India), Int. J. Inno. Res. Sci. Eng. Tech., 3(4),11660-11667.
- Paula P., Mihaela T., Mireala V., Silvia D., Catalil T. andLucial P.G. (2012)., Study of Physico-chemicalCharacteristics of waste water in an urban agglomerationin Romania, Sci. World Journal,doi:10.1100/2012/549028.
- Azad A.S. Arora B.R., Singh B and Sekhon G.S. (1987)., Effect of sewage water on some soil properties., Indian J.Ecol. 14(1), 7-13.
- Datta S.P., Biswas D.R., Saharan N., Ghosh S.K. andRattan R.K. (2000)., Effect of long term application ofsewage effluents on organic carbon, bioavailablephosphorus, potassium and heavy metal status of soil andcontent of heavy metal in crop grown thereon, J. IndianSoc. Soil Sci,. 48(4), 836-839.
- Sharma K.D., Lal N.A. and Pathak P.D. (1981)., Waterquality of sewage drains entering Yamuna at Agra., Indian J. Environ Hlth. 29, 118-122.
- Som S., Gupta S.K. and Banerjee S.K. (1994)., Assessment of the quality of sewage effluents fromHowrah sewage treatment plant., J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci.42, 571-575.
- Goyal P., Lakhiwal S. and Chauhan S.S. (2015)., Comparatve Study of Physico-chemcal Characteristics ofWater and Soil of Treated and Untreated Waste Water, Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., 4(9), 5-9.
- Maitli P.S., Sah K.D., Gupta S.K. and Banarjee S.K.(1992)., Evaluation of sewage sluge as a source ofirrigation and manures., J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 40(1),168-172.
- Mitra A. and Gupta S.K. (1999)., Effect of sewage waterirrigation on essential plant nutrient and pollutantelements status in vegetable growing area aroundCalcutta., J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci., 47, 99-104,
- Rout C., Lavaniya A. and Diwakar R.P. (2015)., Assessent of Physco-chemical Parameters of RiverYamuna at Agra Region of Uttar Pradesh, India, Int. Res.J. Environment Sci., 4(9), 25-32.
- Barde V.S., Piplode S., Thakur V. and Agrawal R.(2015)., Physco-chemical Evaluation of Water Quality ofNarmada River at Barwani and Khalghat, MP, India, Int.Res. J. Environment Sci., 4(3), 12-16.
- Medona M.R., Nirmala T. and Delphine Rose M.R.(2014)., Evaluation of Physcal and ChemicalCharacteristics of Water at Sothuparai reservoir, TheniDistrict, Tamilnadu, Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., 3(8),36-39.
- Bharti K.T., Deshmukh D.K., Bharti D.T. and DeshmukhK.K. (2013)., Physico-Chemical Determination ofPollution n Groundwater Sources in Sangmner Tahsil, 422605, Dist. Ahmednagar, Int. Res. J. Environment Sci.,2(3), 56-58.
- Franson M.H. (1985)., In: Standard methods for theexamination of water and waste water., 16th Edn, EPHAAWWA-WPGF.525-538.
- Ayers R.S. and Westcot D.W. (1979)., Water quality forAgriculture., Irrigation and Drainage paper, 29. F.A.O.,Rome.
- Indian standards (IS) (1981)., Part I, 18, 2490.