Enhancement the Aggregate properties by using Tyre Waste Powder for Construction of Flexible and Rigid Pavement
- 1Environmental Science Department, School of Environment and Earth Sciences, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon, India
- 2Environmental Science Department, School of Environment and Earth Sciences, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon, India
Int. Res. J. Environment Sci., Volume 5, Issue (11), Pages 15-20, November,22 (2016)
Plastics are non-biodegradable, man-made polymers resulting mainly as of petro-fossil feedstock along with phony of lengthy series hydrocarbons through additives. Synthetic in unlike form be into metropolitan frozen waste, which is poisonous in environment. It is a ordinary view in mutually urban and rural areas to discover drain artificial bags, waste tyre rubber and additional category of synthetic packing material litter the roads as well as drains. Due to its biodegradability it creates stagnation of water and allied hygiene problems. In order to have this problem experiments have been approved out whether this waste synthetic can be reused fruitfully in the manufacture of roads. The testing that the waste synthetic, when added to warm aggregate will shape a superior coat of synthetic in excess of the aggregate and such aggregate provide privileged power, higher conflict to water and healthier performance over a era of time. Hence, it is anticipated that we may use waste synthetic in the erection of roads.
- Bindu C.S. and K.S. Beena (2010)., Waste plastic acts as a stabilizing additive in Stone Mastic Asphalt., International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2(6), 397-387.
- Moh. Awwad and Lina Shbeeb (2007)., The use of Polythene in Hot Asphalt Mixtures., American Journal of Applied Sciences, 4(6), 390-396.
- Amit Gawande (2012)., Utilization of Waste plastic in asphalting roads., Science review and Chemical communication, 2(2), 147-157.
- Reddy B.D., Aruna J.S. and Ramesh P.B. (2013)., Experimental Investigation on Concrete by Partially Replacement of Ware Aggregate with Junk Rubber., The International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES), 2(12), 61-65.
- Panda K.C., Parhi P.S. and Jena T. (2012)., Scrap-Tyre- Rubber Replacement for Aggregate in Cement Concrete: Experimental Study., International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering, 5(6).
- Gupta R.C., Blessen Skariah Thomas and Gupta Prachi (2012)., Utilization of copper slag and discarded rubber tyres in construction., International journal of civil and structural engineering, 3, 2.
- Afroz Sultana S.K. and Prasad K.S.B. (2012)., Utilization of Waste Plastic as a Strength Modifier in Surface Course of Flexible and Rigid Pavements., International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 2(4), 1185-1191.
- Rajmane P.B., Gupta A.K. and Desai D.B. (2009)., Effective Utilization of Waste Plastic in Construction of Flexible Pavements for Improving their performance., Journal of Mechnical and Civil Engineering, 27-30.
- Bandopandhyay T.K. (2010)., Construction of Asphalt Road with Plastic Waste., Indian Center for Plastic in Environment (ICPE), ENVIS – Eco- Echoes, 11(1).
- Dhodapkar A.N. (2008)., Use of waste plastic in road construction, Indian Highways., Technical paper journal, 31-32.
- Vasudevan R. (2011)., A technique to dispose waste plastics in an ecofriendly way – Application in construction of flexible pavements., Construction and Building Materials, 2.
- Khan I. and Gundaliya P.J. (2012)., Utilization of waste polyethylene materials in bituminous concrete mix for improved performance of flexible pavements., Journal of applied research, 1(12), 85-86.
- Swami V.M., Jirge A., Patil K., Patil S., Patil S. and Salokhe K. (2012)., Use of waste plastic in construction of bituminous road., International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, 4, 2351- 2355.
- Rokade S. (2012)., Use of waste plastics and waste rubber TYREs in flexible highway pavements., International conference on Future environments and Energy, IPCBEE, 28.
- In-Taek Roh, Kyung-Chae Jung, Seung-Hwan Chang and Yoon-Ho Cho (2015)., Characterization of compliant polymer concretes for rapid repair of runways., Construction and Building Materials, 77–84.